• Thread starter Thread starter Topweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 14,076

Topweb

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Has anyone tested the wimax service of BSNL? I understand that the BSNL's pricing is absurd but I still want to know how good or bad is the connection speed and reliability.I have seen pretty bad feedback from most of the Reliance broadnet (wimax) customers. So I want to know if there is some problem with wimax technology itself or are all problems specific to Reliance only.

i didn't heard any reviews about reliance wimax but i'm currently working with bsnl wimax. and it's working good. right now it's strangth of signal is not very good but will cover whole city in next few weeks.

Nice, how is the equipment that BSNL provides? Is it similiar to what Reliance provides, or is it a USB/PCMCIA card?

Hi Dharmesh, Right now I have BSNL EVDO and want to shift to Wimax. Can I check it's speed at my place before buying? I want to use it near Memco Cross Roads.Regards,Rushir

Hi Dharmesh,

Right now I have BSNL EVDO and want to shift to Wimax. Can I check it's speed at my place before buying? I want to use it near Memco Cross Roads.

Regards,
Rushir

call the cc. they will show u a demo. the min 512kbps is guranteed speed.

i apply one anf the guys came home for checking the feasibility at my home. getting 1mbps+ speed. i got my modem on 31st july and got account on 2nd august( yesterday) but there is some problem with the banglore office. they mistaked my macid and still now i cant use the service. i am waiting for the response today noon i will call them. they said will solve it soon waiting for that. its hard to wait.....

Hi,You mentioned your upload speed was poor? Has that been improved? How far are you from the base station?I also have a question on the account login; let us say if I choose for an indoor CPE and also have a laptop with built in WiMax, can I use the same account for both of these or only one MAC address is allowed per connection? Also, does the indoor or outdoor CPE gives always on connection or do we need to login every time we turn on the CPE. Sorry for asking lot of questions and thanks a lot in advance.

Yes, you can. I just talked to a Wimax person at BSNL. If you have outdoor cpe you can connect the other end of the ethernet cable to your router to have wifi. However, you may want to login to the wifi router and disable the DHCP...if you live closer to base station I think they have wifi enabled indoor cpe and if that suits you, you dont need a separate wifi router

Connection is of average quality till now, ofc BSNL plan suffers from bad ping/ latency - I am experiencing it more as of previous Reliance Wimax user, which was way better but much costly to add.
I dont why BSNL guys have kept the 1 Mbps connection so costly, and only unser 1 Mbps hood :/

Lets see, how the service turns up later.
Regards!!

Here is my speedtest result, as always there upload speed suxs:-