USENET with airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter tumtays
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,950

tumtays

anyone in here knows about news server being hosted by airtel. there seems to be this one person from sweden that claims that his company (teliasonora actually, but via giganews) inked a deal about airtel introducing usenet servers to their users in india through on their backbones. he mentioned bharti, but i thnk i can fill in the blanks.anyone heard or knows anything can keep us posted maby.i'm thinking great and nice, but need to verify that firstand on a side note, my datarate aint getting better or atleast no signs of it and i'm from bangalorecheers and diwali to all

where did you get this info from? AFAIK Airtel doesnt have any such thing...

the guy that gave me this information hosts a DC hub i'm an OP of. this guy works for teliasonora (google that for more info bout them)and max its not just you, even the airtel guys dont have a clue about it.... like alwayscheers

Yup I remember calling Airtel when I got my connection to ask about Newservers they had no idea what it was. Even when they transferred me to the "Technical" Dept. they had no idea what I was talking about.Oh well Hope they introduce Newservers or atleastAlt.binaries 😉

😵 hmm... i highly doubt tat this has happened. But i hope too they add a few binaries for movies n games 🙂But even if they do add it, you still have to pay more for axx. i wonder how many people will actually use this with just 512 Kbps download speeds 🤔

just 512Kbps? 😱

Lolz, 512Kbps is too slow when you compare with the speeds people in us and other countries get. I think usenet is more or less useless if you have a slow connection 😛

haha. True. People in the US have slow connections if you compare to what you get in Korea or Sweden or Netherland 😉 10Mbps minimum!

and most places do have limits. better ones. but it would be pretty rare to find unlimited super fast lines in the US. europe and south east asia is better.