Use of Wireless Router for SIFY!

• Thread starter Thread starter danprsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 12,163

danprsd

ISP
Sify Broadband
Hi All!have read a lot of forums where you have talked about sharing of Sify Connection.The problems is that it isnt clearly explained how we are supposed to configure the Sify Dialer.My problem is that we have 3 smartphones in the house.. so we want to check mails, youtube and stuff on the phones through Wi-fi rather than using the 3G connection.We have a SIFY CONNECTION .. will using a Wireless Router help in anyway. My friends use Dataone and they store the username and password in the ADSL router .. so they can use Wi-fi with any number of laptops or mobiles etc.With sify 1st issue Mac ID Binding - so even if we clone Mac Id of the router to the one given to sify or get the mac id of the router binded to sify ..Still the problem remains how to dial in and get the connection started.Will I always have to keep my laptop with with the sify dialer on and connected for other phones or PCs to use the Wi-Fi.2nd is there a way to manage to keep the sify connection alive - always on when the router is turned on this way.. I can turn off my laptop and still continue to get Internet on the other devices.There is no way that I can get the Sify Dialer installed on the phones so that is not the option.Any suggestions / ideas / Solutions.Thanks in Advance.RegardsDan

From my past exp. I found out its possible to temp wifi connection..but no permanent solution for the same...