Use of BBIMpsec

• Thread starter Thread starter Arinux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 6,304

Arinux

Hey guys recently i blocked the access of bbimpsec using zone alarm . The dialer seems to work fine and everything else.So can any one tell me whats the use of it , if everything works fine without the use of it?What does this file actually does??

i think it blocks ports...from your side

Originally posted by avinds@Jan 21 2006, 12:10 PM
i think it blocks ports...from your side
[snapback]39996[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ping the gateway, the SAM server and websites like yahoo, hotmail and google after you connect to the internet. If the ping replies from gateway and sam are fine, but if ping replies from the websites results in packet losses, the issue has to do with Sify, not your PC.

The same can be tested by pinging 127.0.0.1.

Use the following commands:

ping www.hotmail.com -t
ping www.google.com -t
ping 127.0.0.1 -t
ping gatewayip -t
ping samip -t

Hey JosephPrashant

Well, I'm facing the exact same problems of time outs and/or very high ping times (yahoo goes MINIMUM 475ms+ on every ping) and My SAMIP ping is going between 10-20ms+ always

A Sify exec Thomas called me from Chennai (I'm in Pune 😱) and he said that probably there's some virus being broadcasted on the LAN which is affecting the speeds (OH REALLY ?? 😀)

Anyways, I'm getting me a 2 day free pack from SIFY till the issue is resolved... lets see if they reply back

Regarding Ari's BBImpSec, this is what you need

Code:
https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtopic=2895
I just uninstalled da dialer and I'm on SuperSify rite now --

Cya

CeeTee

(1.) I too have blocked the said exe file in my ZoneAlarm. But I think that is a futile attempt as the exe itself does not access net, it (supposedly) blocks port. (2.) I tried removing it manually from task manager and was (first surprised then annoyed, and now frustrated) to see it back within two seconds. The dialer keeps launching back whenever I remove it.(3.) I went to the folder where the dialer is installed, and manually renamed BBImpSec.exe. Later on I saw that the renamed file is there, and the original file has been created again.Is there any way I can disable the launching of this exe. It occupies 7 mb and does nothing useful.Any geeks out there . . . . . . help me please.

^^ bump.Has anyone been able to get rid of this stupid file BBImpSec.exe

i think BBImpSec.exe is a file which brings that irritating window after 5 minutes or so .

Max I am aware that BBImpSec.exe is part of sify dialer. I've blocked it in my ZoneAlarm firewall and its causing me no harm. My torrents work at full speed. I'm just curious to find out of a way to remove it from showing up in my task manager. When I kill this process . . . . its launched again. When I delete this file . . . . its created again. Has anyone been able to get rid of it at all.

i hav never used sify butu can try to remove it frm startup by usin msconfigu can also search in registrysearch for some .ini file in ur sify ka folder n remove every thing related to that file

Thanks for trying to help Akash. I've tried everything I could think of, but this file refuses to die. The sify dialer is the real culprit. There is no point in removing registry entry as the dialer recreates it. When one launches the dialer, this exe is automatically fired. It supposedly blocks the ports. You have to be a sify user to understand this super stupid dialer based problem.

I never used sify dialer more than 1 day but this bbimpsec bugs alot . If u remove from startup then next time u start bbclient, it recreates registry entry for bbimpsec to start at sys startup . Try making a limited user account and disable permission to add keys in registry and then start bbclient under that account .