Use Combofix only if there is no other alternative!

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
The warnings that come with the program are real. I used it on my machine and I am suffering from the consequences. :)

It messed up several applications that are installed on the system. Had to reinstall. In fact, I had to use System Restore to get some of them working. And even that did not fix some of the problems that I am currently facing.

experience

Nuit incroyable.
Regulars
Dec 28, 2010

ComboFix can really fcuk up with your system. Good for many but may turn out to be harmful at times.

real_india

Regular
Regulars
Nov 30, 2005
Never faced any problem with Combofix till date on XP OS. As Samm said, its the go to thing, when all others have failed to solve your problems. I have been using the combination of Combofix+UnHackme for years now & for me it is the ultimate freeware solution against virus/rootkit infections. Never tried it on Windows 7 or Vista so can't comment on whether its an OS compatibility issue.

real_india

Regular
Regulars
Nov 30, 2005
well yeah. i am using 64bit Windows 7 :D

Personally i am running Windows 7 64 biton my laptop with a simple Avast antivirus running in the background. Thankfully, never had to resort to Combofix till now.

I am just wondering what kind of things you were doing on your :computer: for it to be so infected so badly that the need of Combofix arose in the first place :confused: I am sure you must be using some kind of basic antivirus as well!

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
Personally i am running Windows 7 64 biton my laptop with a simple Avast antivirus running in the background. Thankfully, never had to resort to Combofix till now. I am just wondering what kind of things you were doing on your :computer: for it to be so infected so badly that the need of Combofix arose in the first place :confused: I am sure you must be using some kind of basic antivirus as well!
Reason