US Open

• Thread starter Thread starter viralbug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 433
  • Views Views 71,726
Noone followed up while I was away?!!

So Federer had 2 escapes in 2 rounds.

Both matches were 5 setter and he manages to win fifth set.

But there were many upsets in just 4 days.

Zverev, Tsonga, Berdych, Dimitrov, Kyrgios they all fall in just within 2 rounds.

Zverev has good chance and open draw.

I have a feeling that it may just be Federer and Cilic again in the final like in Wimbledon!

I was just busy and didnt open this site at all :closedtongue:

kyrgios after match interview was just bizarre. he basically admitted he's not dedicated enough. he's supposed to be the next big thing , his play looks awesome but then he loses matches regularly along with his shitty antics on court

was not expecting zverev to bow out though. but he's beaten by coric who's also 20 years old so I will keep an watch on him for the near future

UPSETS continue.

Marin Cilic OUT. He had good chance to reach final just like Zverev but gets beaten in 4 sets.

Isner is OUT too in straight sets

Draws have gone for TOSS this US open.

On one half the draw there is Federer and Nadal. (who may face each other in Semifinal)

But on other half of the draw there is hardly any face remaining which ever looked like winning grandslam but one of them will reach FINAL!!

And guess what - its still not half way to tournament.

Last edited:
Yup except Querrey (who reached SF of grandslam for the first time in wimbledon recently), not a single player has gone beyond Quarterfinals.

That gives him Querrey a higher chance to reach Final.

He actually said in last wimbledon -- that previously I reached QF, now SF .. so next aim is to reach grandslam final.

His dream might come true faster than he (or anyone) expected.

Federer wins against Lopez in straight sets.

Federer wasnt playing to his top form but was not playing bad either.

He made just 16 unforced errors. But winners were less too - just 32

This indicates that he decided not to attack but just defend and put the ball back in play.

Lopez wasnt playing bad either. But couldnt do much.

Del Potro knocks down Thiem inspite of fever.

He loses 1st two sets like a kid 1-6, 2-6

Then wins third 6-1

In 4th set - he saves 2 MATCH points after being break down. And then wins the set 7-6 (1)

And finally wins 5th set 6-4.

Goffin gets upset in straight sets by UNSEEDED 19 year old kid, Rublev, who is surprising everyone by his performance.

He even beat Dimitrov in straight sets.

Federer and Nadal win in 3 sets.

Yes - he was not attacking today.

Slicing more even if his backhand is now more powerful.

He had 2-3 set points in 3rd set and yet managed to lose the set.

He was playing slow as if waiting for Del Potro to make mistake.

even in past few matches, he was not attacking that much. maybe his strategy is to not attack that much to reduce wear and tear of his body.

Yes but for player like Del Potro - he needed to attack.

Anyway I guess its Nadal all the way now.

Nadal had no competition in his side.

Only person who could have beaten him was Federer but he got out before facing him.

Nadal is now likely to remain world number 1 till end of the year.

Federer had chance to be number 1. But he missed it. (More due to rests he kept taking)