URGENT: Tata Sky or ADTV ? Help needed

• Thread starter Thread starter rocketspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,022

rocketspeed

ISP
Beam Cable
Hi all,I am new to this forum.. i don't know whether its right section to post this question.I am currently looking for DTH service in Hyderabad, since Airtel and Tata Sky are best in this filed i am having very hard time to choose one. Please suggest best one. I will book one today!I have a 21" CRT.. I know its funny to think about HD BOX NOW.. But only reason im going for it because of recording feature.My Questions:------------------------------1) Which has Better Reception in Rains?2) Better service?3) More Channels? (It must include Telugu Channels)4) GOD TV or Daystar or any Christian Channel (Currently not available in TATASKY.. are they gonna add this in future?) This is my one of my big concern.5) Best picture quality (Not worried about HD Channels now, heard Tatasky Picture quality is lower than ADTV is it true? )6) Android App would help, but not important though (May be airtel will launch it soon)7) Recording space (I know TataSky+ (625-hours and Airtel-DTV 550-hours) But which on of those has more features?8) I know Tatasky is not providing more channels compared to ADTV. I called Tatasky yesterday they said this coming December they are going to add 100 new channels..can this word be trusted?9) Best UI (I have heard that TATASKY HD RECORDER UI font appears very small in 21"CRT.. Does this UI is not designed (or) compatible for Normal 21" CRT Screens?)I must thank you for reading this post patiently..please suggest best DTH according to your experience. TATASKY (OR) AIRTEL DTVI will keep you posted....Thanks again.Icon_cheers

If you are looking for picture quality, I would prefer Tata Sky. About your first requirement, no DTH will work in rain even wait for other to answer. I do not know about Airtel. Do not forget that tata sky was the first company which launched DTH. They deliver what they promise with good service. I am customer of tata sky from past 3 years. Sometimes, I think to change my DTH provider because of price but I give first preference to picture quality but I do not think you will face pic quality problem because you have CRT tv. If you would have LCD, you should think twice before choosing providers but if you are planning to buy LCD, I would prefer to go for TATA sky. It is costly but value for the money.For another option, if you want to watch channels in rainy season, go for IPtv. I have not seen or experienced it but it works on internet and you might aware about internet at here. Wait other to give answer if he has.

I have no experience of Tata Sky so i will just speak abt Airtel.If you are not going to upgrade ur TV next 2-3 years..then you can go for Airtel SD recorder.Reasons:1) Hardly any difference if you dont have HD capable TV.2) SD recorder is made by better company called Pace3) SD recorder has internal fan for cooling, HD recorder does not have fan, gets super HOT. Engineers recommended using HD recorder continuously only for 8hrs max else there is chance of burning.4) SD recorder is cheap too.Answers to your questions:1) Rain - it goes down in rain in Mumbai, some people on east of india say they hardly face any problem2) Service - till now is good..any problem they report very next day (once same day)7) SD recorder I think gives 120hrs.. but I have never used more than 60hrs.8) Dont believe promises given by any operator.9) UI is ok. Not good but not bad either.. USABLE. 6/10

I am a customer of Tata Sky for more than 4 Years now. According to the Customer Service, TataSky Leads i can say, but i would not say ADTV is poor.

) Which has Better Reception in Rains?
I think none of the DTH operator promises till now it works on Rain. It is the fact that there would be a interruption on Rain as the clouds and rain water somewhat are the barrier to pass the full signals.

2) Better service?

Vote goes to Tatasky. I seen only 2% of sad stories in Tatasky, but majority customers feel happy. The reason may be they are compromising the Service by their customer service what they provide as they do not have a option to provide more channels as of now.

Airtel, I am not using it, but as far as their Mobile and Broandband concerned they provide excellent service. So i hope for DTH also they standstill on their position.

3) More Channels? (It must include Telugu Channels)

Sure, Tatasky is not your choice in this. As far as Regional channels concerned, Tatasky has limited channels. But they are the Popular Channels as per their theory. Opinion differs on deciding what is the popular channels and may be your most wanted channel is not in tatasky list.

ADTV, compare to Tatasky they have more.

4) GOD TV or Daystar or any Christian Channel (Currently not available in TATASKY.. are they gonna add this in future?) This is my one of my big concern.

No one can answer this, because it is Tatasky's decision. They may ad it in future, but even they can not commit if you ask the Customer care.

5) Best picture quality (Not worried about HD Channels now, heard Tatasky Picture quality is lower than ADTV is it true? )

in CRT, MPEG2 reasonably gives the good Quality. However when comparing with MPEG4, Yes, it leads. I have seen notable difference using SUN DIRECT and Tatasky in my normal CRT, the cripsnes and Sound clarity what you get in MPEG4 technology is awesome.

ADTV are in MPEG4, only tatasky Plus comes with MPEG4 STB, but still you will picture in MPEG2 technology only. When tatasky completely moves to MPEG4, then you can compare the Quality with other MPEG4 DTH operators. MPEG2 is supported by Tata and DISH as of now.

6) Android App would help, but not important though (May be airtel will launch it soon)

Yes there are various ways you can manage your account, and it is not that much necessary that what's seen by whom and also, Guide at all 24 hrs at your finger tip as you are not going to sit entire day in front of tv.

7) Recording space (I know TataSky+ (625-hours and Airtel-DTV 550-hours) But which on of those has more features?

Some one else can answer i am not using TS+ or ADTV.

8) I know Tatasky is not providing more channels compared to ADTV. I called Tatasky yesterday they said this coming December they are going to add 100 new channels..can this word be trusted?

Adding 100 channels, i dont think this is a trust worthy statement by TS., they know whats their limit. However based on forums and news, they are trying to see the maximum channel addition on their platform. May not be 100, but may it is rounded to 10 before December we hope.

9) Best UI (I have heard that TATASKY HD RECORDER UI font appears very small in 21"CRT.. Does this UI is not designed (or) compatible for Normal 21" CRT Screens?)

The UI is better.

yet to be a ADTV customer . Have paid in full for HD ADTV , and till now (5 days gone) they havent come for installation. Backend service of AIRTEL is f%$#D UP!! and thier CC no for airtel mobile users 12150 doesnt work , its dead for some months now. yet they still redirect you to that number. till you get the new connection , they will have all the sweet talks , after that , they dont give a S^^t about you..I dont know about Tata Sky.But since i am going out of station for next few days and if the installation is not done by this week end , i am planning to cancel the order and move to tatasky. support wise AIRTEL is nothing more than a joke..Also if you are going for airtel , dont order it through online.. !! PERIOD!! check for nearest dealer and thier support , ask few friends..

12150 works fine with Airtel mobile, other mobile like bsnl then use this 18001028080 .never heard ADTV taking so long for installationas the thread starter is from south,he surely do not deserve Tata Sky.airtel ismore suitable

i am not sure , but even for my friend 12150 is not working . both are on airtel mobile number only. Even if so , i dont want to hijack this thread 😀

12150 works even now from my airtel mobile.

----------

never order them online and get greedy for those cashback offers.visiting dealer/distributors is best option as you have also mentioned 🙂

Hey, I don’t have any particular knowledge about Heydrabad but as per my knowledge Airtel Digital TV and Tata Sky plus are the best and your most of the queries were successfully answered above but what you are missing on is sound quality. Have you thought about it? Without surround sound an HD experience is incomplete. It is suggested that go for a DTH operator who supports Dolby Surround 5.1 audio. Currently Airtel Digital TV, Tata sky plus and Sun direct plus supports this.

UrgentI will go to buy either ADTV DVR (Preferred) or D2H DVR (technically Preffered) at this noon .On this page I have read that ADTV HD users advisible that dont keep on DVR more than 8 hours because of heat problem. Reply No. 3 Read #3 point.Really it happens with every ADTV HD DVR or it matter of old ADTV HD DVR boxes only?Thanks.

@sundth_guy -- If you are talking about Videocon D2h HD, as per my knowledge they don't support Dolby surround sound 5.1 audio. which is according to me delivers the best of the quality sound