Urgent query reg. 502T

waterloo_sunset

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
I had the router with the old firmware. I saved my settings on to my disk. Today the MTNL guys came and replaced it with the one having the new firmware V2.00B01T01.ML.20050530. I just need to know whether i can load my old settings on to the new router safely without screwing it up in any way.

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
Regulars
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah they wud definately !!!!!!! However, in some cases, u will find certain features under some other menus with the names changed....... :p

waterloo_sunset

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
Originally posted by dearashwin@Sep 23 2005, 12:42 AM
y do u wanna upgrade?..... as long as ur net is wrkin fine... bunk it
[snapback]26000[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not a question of me wanting to upgrade. The MTNL guys just came and replaced my old router (to which i had gotten quite attached, :p ) with a new one saying i will need the new firmware for cable tv when it is launched in nov. But as bad till bones correctly pointed out, some of the menus...sub-menus and options are different in the new firmware. And all my port-forwarding settings were wiped out. So i was just wondering whether to risk loading the settings saved with the old firmware in the new one. Maybe i'll set it up manually. Y take a chance :p

dearashwin

Regular
Regulars
Jul 5, 2005
yup.... u always do an upgrade only if u feel the new features are useful to YOU.... there are always new features in every upgrade that are useful to sumone or the other... but r they useful to U?... if yes then worth the effort.. go ahead n do it.

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
Regulars
Jul 6, 2005
Mate u will hve to do it manually.....by recognizing n relating the new names in menus with the old one........ :p

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT get the settings from the old saved settings file...u'll screw ur modem...i did it once, when i was in the same situation -_-