[URGENT] I am really confused ..which one to choose..?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blume
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,903
ISP
BSNL
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I am planning to get a new broadband connection .. n I m planning for BSNL home 525 plan...!! [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Please suggest a Modem which will serve my purpose .. BSNL is charging 2100rs if I get it from them..... I dont want to shed that much money.......also many of my friends suggested they r nt gud n to buy one!! So please suggest me some good modems ........!![/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]after seeing most of the posts in the forum...... I am still not able to decide between these three::[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:21px;]TP-Link TD-8817 ADSL2+ Ethernet/USB Wired with Modem Router[/color]
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tplink-adsl2-ethernetusb-modem-routertd8817/640524

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:21px;]TP-LINK TD-8816A DSL2 Wired with Modem Router[/color]
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tplink-adsl2-modem-router-td8816/640559?pos=0;2

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif;font-size:21px;]D-Link DSL-2520U ADSL2 Ethernet/USB Combo Router[/color]
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/DLinkADSL2/101993?pos=0;2

As I am not very used to with all the technical things ..... each one have one LAN port and one WAN port ..plz guide me which shall i buy...
there are positive reviews for both TP link and D link in the forum....!!

PS: : I am going to get a new broadband connection... right now I dont need a wifi router but in future i may need one... so which one of them will be a good choice ... also i will use it for 24hrs (so any heating problems.....)
I have win 7 OS ...
Also one question .. I will probably be asking the BSNL guys for installation... but still which one will be good for easy installation As i dont know whether they will do that or not.........??
Also If some one have other options to suggest ........ all the suggestion are welcome..!!
thanks

I would go with the D-Link amongst these 3. If the choice were wider, I would choose a Linksys if that were available in this price range.

No particular reason on TP-Link. D-Link has been around for a long time and most of us have used it one time or the other in the past. Thats the only reason from me. Given the options you provided, I guess people have recommended based on their own experiences. You will likely hear some positive review on TP-Link too. Based on that you can make your judgement call.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]TP-Link[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] 🙂[/color]

uberjon said:
If I were you, I'd look around for a wifi router or a wireless modem/router.
hm.. well I dont require a wifi right now.. but yes would like to ask another question.. If I am choosing one of them... in future will be able to use another Wifi router together I would be able to use wifi.. or I will have to buy another new modem for that...???

Blume said:
hm.. well I dont require a wifi right now.. but yes would like to ask another question.. If I am choosing one of them... in future will be able to use another Wifi router together I would be able to use wifi.. or I will have to buy another new modem for that...???
You will only need a wifi router if you want to go wireless. You will need to use your modem with the wifi router. That's it.