Urgent help solicited Sudden reduction in MTNL speed (Mumbai - Ghatkopar (W),UchitShah kind attn.

• Thread starter Thread starter pjashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,806

pjashish

ISP
MTNL 849NU
Hi Guys

I am facing this strange problem these past few days in my 849 NU connection..... My connection is through the Ghatkopar (w) exchange.... i was out of town for a few days and ever since my return i have been plagued by two problems....

1) The internet connection would disconnect and reconnect itself after every 4-5 minutes (approximately 5 min ON and 2 min OFF)...In this mode i was getting my usual speed of around 210-220 KBps using TORRENTS even though the disconnection was frustratingly infuriating and in effect o couldnt download anything.

2) Since yesterday however even though the connection is steady , My speed it seems is capped to around 50 Kbps.... 😢

Is there something that i am doing wrong .... I tried complaining at 1504 , they gave me docket number and asked me to change the modulation in the ADSL configuration page to G.DMT from ADSL 2+ (model mtnl issued UT-304R2), that really hasnt helped at all.

Is there something any one can offer as to what i can to do to remedy the problem, even right telephone numbers in the exchange would be of a great help...

To give credit to where it is due i must admit this is the first time i have faced problems in my internet connection , hope i can put this behind me and get back to happier days with the help of all you guys

UchitShah... Your problem seems similar to mine... how did you manage to resolve your problem....

thanks in advance

ashish

Details regarding SNR Margin and Line attenuation are as follows

ADSL Status ADSL status shows the ADSL physical layer status.ADSL Firmware Version: E.37.5.3 Line State: Showtime/DataModulation: ADSL2+Local/Remote Tx Power: 0.33 dB / 2.5 dB
ItemDownstreamUpstreamUnitSNR Margin42.0db12.0dbdBLine Attenuation29.0db22.0dbdBLoss of Signal00CRC Errors00Data Rate511 Kbps511 KbpskbpsLatencyFastFast

Hi Uchit thanks for the reply ...

let me take this step by step

1) double checked for viruses...None present

2) No application using net connection

3) LAN Drivers shall reinstall right away

4) restored modem to factory settings and did the basic reconfiguration

but still no joy

one thing which i notice as unusual is that on the ADSL router GUI web page (http://192.168.1.1/)

if you go on the status tab and click on ADSL on the left you'd find some statistics showing ADSL status

the most alarming in mine is the data rate which for both upstream and downstream is showing as 512 kbps...ideally it should be 2048 Kbps ...can you check up yours and tell me...

any other help would be more than welcome

I wonder also if this could be a problem of incorrect synching on the part of MTNL server ...if so do you know whom to contact for this ....any phone number

I wonder also if this could be a problem of incorrect synching on the part of MTNL server ...if so do you know whom to contact for this ....any phone number