• Thread starter Thread starter kingpin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,476

kingpin

Regulars
ISP
MTNL NU - 849
Was just going through the MTNL Broadband FAQ....out of sheer curiosity and i came across this

28.What is the speed that I will be getting?
Minimum speed for Broadband will be 256 Kbps. This speed will be same for upload as well as download. In case of higher speed plans (>512 Kbps) upload speed will be restricted to 512 Kbps.

29.Is the speed for upload as well as download will be same?
Speed for Upload as well as download will be same. In case of plans of higher capacity ie more than 512 Kbps, upload speed will be limited to 512 Kbps.

So for all 2Mbps users....
i wonder how many of the users actually get 512k..... i guess everyone is on 256k.....barring a few exceptions....

is this for delhi or mumbai

well this i found out in mumbai site.....tried searching in delhi site but was feeling lazy... 🙂 but i do believe such a thing will be there for delhi users as well...

update:
same exists for Delhi users as well for some plans...... but those are like crappy plans which i believe no one will have, check the tariff page....
Broadband

used to get around 18KBps before(140kbps)..now its about 210kbps and MTNL gives only about 256 in most of the plans.😕

and i thought upload speeds on mtnl was capped at around 64 kbps!
that was on bsnl !

I am synched to 512 kbps. I had logged a complaint on MTNL's site. They closed the complaint without upgrading the speeds. Then I mailed the GM-Broadband quoting the complaint number... and I got the speeds updated the next day. And its at 512 since then...[touchwood!] 🙂

i did place a complaint but never got a complaint number 😕😕😕.... will try calling up 1504 tomorrow

Was just going through the MTNL Broadband FAQ....out of sheer curiosity and i came across this

So for all 2Mbps users....
i wonder how many of the users actually get 512k..... i guess everyone is on 256k.....barring a few exceptions....

..update:
same exists for Delhi users as well for some plans...... but those are like crappy plans which i believe no one will have, check the tariff page....
BroadbandThat clause has been there on MTNL's delhi website since day one i.e. since January 2005 when broadband was launched..but it applies to old MTNL policy when MTNL had all 256 K plans except one or two 512 K plans where this clause applied..infact i had made use of this clause to get my 512 K connex synced at 512 K upload..but now as per new MTNL policy all 2 mbps users get a profile of 2mbps down and 256 up..except the old 512 K plan users who are entitled to be synced at 512 K up

i have been getting upload speeds of 512K since long, on torrents when i need to seed i usually get around 46-51 KBps.