Upload Speed on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter trivisingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 29,091
on airtel both 512k and 1mbps plans have 512k upload speeds. not sure about packages with faster speeds.

Well, on their website's tariff page, they only specify download speeds. I assumed download and upload both would be same.I need better UL speeds for xbox 360

well this is a common problem for us. few ISPs in india reveal upload speeds on their tariff pages. for example, i am still not sure what are the upload speeds on airtel's 16 mbps plans. if they are offering 512kbps uploads on that plan, its going to be a mess.

I think they offer 512 speeds on 512 UL speed.
Send a mail to bbspeed@bol.in mentioning the problem.I'm sure they will rectify it.
Don't forget to mention you number, Current plan, previous plan etc in the mail.

The general practice is in the ratio of 1:4 i.e. if D/l is 100 then U/l will be 25 in most of the cases

there is no set standard here in india. airtel has equal on packages till 512kbps.

Hey guys,

I finally got my connection upgraded to 512 kbps unlimited. The problem is my upload speed is nearly half of 512 kbps. is that the thing with everybody?

Shouldnt download and upload be the same rate?

MTNL BB is ADSL. The A in ADSL stands for Asymmetric. It is called so because upload speed is a fraction of download speed.