Upload Speed on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 292
  • Views Views 60,054
ah right. if your download speeds are fine, it makes sense to complain and let them look into it. might be a misconfigured server setting.

Thanks mate for the help ..it was working fine till yesterday evening ..which is why i think they have capped it 🙁
Below is the screenshot of what i m talking about !!

personally i have never heard about airtel capping upload speeds. looking at your screenshot, i assume you use FTP. are FTP uploads to a decent web server also capped?

Yes i use FTP ...but i don't see a reason why the filehosts would cap an upload. And the screenshot confirms the fact that issue is with the ISP...i just hope this gets resolved by tmmrw ..else they are in for a big big hearing from me ...Also quick question -> in your knowledge..could it be the modem issues ?

the thing i am saying is that speed tests are unreliable. you need to test out with various services before you can really say that your uploads are capped. try uploading on a server that you know supports 100-200KBps uploads. though, since your upload speed is shown very low on the airtel's own speedtest service, you have a solid case to complain.

I tried uploading at various filehosts ..the issue is still the same.The reason i say it could be that upload is capped coz when i noticed the drop..it was to 17KB/s ..and now it's going down after every successful upload.I hear that's how caps are implemented...and the response i got from Airtel "We don't guarantee upload speeds..we only monitor download speeds and caps are placed on that"Let's see what happens tmmrw. I sure hope this is resolved by a simple refresh from the backend !

Yes mate ..the issue got resolved today from the ISP. They had to refresh from the backend !!