Upload Speed on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 292
  • Views Views 60,035
duh. you are missing the point here.

airtel iptv needs wiring to be in real good quality because it requires data transmission above 8 mbps.

i bet if airtel had a way to provide it in the entire country, they would do it right away just like DTH.

iptv is a wired service unlike DTH which is wireless.

they must be working on enhancing the quality of their wiring in other metros. so it would probably be expanded in the future.

do consider the fact that iptv is a great way to enhance ARPU for telecom companies. it would become more popular eventually.

no way i guess the bandwith would be less than 2mbps other wise im sure they cant provide 8mbps for less than 2k INR

if they can do that what the hell do they think abt broadband user charging 3k for 2mbps with not digital channels !!!

do the IPTV got same wire just like Airtel broadband !!!

do the IPTV box got HDMI or DVI connectablity !!!

@admin

do you get an HD streaming?I was asking cause i saw Component cable ports on the back of Airtel STB and they can be a substitute to HDMI cables for HD streaming.

also you said the the iptv stb is connected through a router,so you have separate routers for iptv and your PC.Have you ever tried connecting you computer to the iptv router.

And abt the Airtel broadband upload,you said you get 512kbps upload,but PUDU said he has taken morning 512kbps and night 1mbps plan and he gets 1mbps upload speed at night.Does this plan get more upload speed than the full 1mbps plan?

----------

@Raj

hey what upload speeds do you get in your full day 2mbps plan?

there is no HDMI port. i do not have a HD compatible TV. but the quality i get on my 29" CRT is much better than what Zee Dish TV gives on my dad's 29" CRT. i think it is pretty high quality stuff compared to what DTH provides are giving here in india.

no i have not tried connecting my computer to the IPTV port on the STB.

i get more than 512kbps. sometimes. sometimes it even touches above 100KBps. i have not really bothered to keep checking it regular to see if its a constant thing.

i was just saying that you would get at least 512k upload speeds with 1mbps connection because thats what airtel customer support promises. anything above is just plain luck.

you cannot complain if ur upload speeds are not above 512k because the company does not 'promises that'.

----------

no way i guess the bandwith would be less than 2mbps other wise im sure they cant provide 8mbps for less than 2k INR

if they can do that what the hell do they think abt broadband user charging 3k for 2mbps with not digital channels !!!

i said 8mbps data transmission and not internet speed.

iptv is local transmission. it is broadcasted from airtel's local servers. it is not connected to the 'internet'.

----------

basically the ports are separated to different streams. the computer ports are connected to the internet streams. the dedicated IPTV port is connected to a different stream on the router.

airtel install guy told me that i cannot change the port of the IPTV cable because it would not work on the other ports.

i was given a router with four ports. 3 are available for my computers. one is connected to the ethernet cable going to the iptv stb.

[/COLOR]@Raj

hey what upload speeds do you get in your full day 2mbps plan?

its only 512kbps even in 2mbps plan but im not sure of ul speeds in 8mbps nd 16mbps plan!!!

@adminthanks for then info.And abt your comment"no i have not tried connecting my computer to the IPTV port on the STB."I wasn't askig you whether you connected your PC to the IPTV STB,I was asking whether you connected your PC to the router that is connected to the IPTV STB.Which cable do you use to connect your IPTV STB and your TV,did the airtel guys give you the red,white & yellow cables or the RED,GREEN & BLUE cables?

i do think that the upload speeds are better in 8mbps and 16mbps plans on airtel. someone here said its 2mbps for 16mbps plans. but i cannot confirm that.

----------

the router is the same single unit.

an ethernet cable connects my computer to that router.

another ethernet cable connects the iptv stb to that router.

----------

let me check the ports being used for connectivity to my tv.

so for IPTV they provide 8mbps for digital channels and corresponding bw according to their plans...:thumb:so that wont affect internet dl speed when watching tv!!!😕thanks for the info!!!

ok. my tv is connected to three of the ports.

one is the yellow one on the left.

the other two are the last two on the right side.

let me hunt for the bigger image.

----------

well yeah. i would like to mention here something that has been discussed on another thread.

airtel only recently started offering 1mbps connection for iptv customers.

at nights if i run my torrents at full throttle (that means many simultaneous downloads with tons of connections)... my television stream becomes unstable.

i am not sure if others are facing the same problem.

and i am not sure if airtel can provide/sustain faster internet speeds with IPTV.

i dont know anyone who is using airtel iptv with plans on 2mbps or 8mbps.

THE BLUE,GREEN,RED are component cables.You are usig white,red,yellow which are composite cables.Component cables are much better,you will get much better quality image.Also Component cables can support full HD.

guess so. i dont know if my CRT can use component cables. 🙂 i really have to study the different in these cables. i am a newbie at these things. i do know a bit about HDMI. i have the WD HD TV device but i use composite cables on that too. i would probably worry when i get a better television set.

old color TVs can support components,just look at the back of your TV.There will be a component port

----------

HDMI are the best for HD,but Components are good too.I used to play with Components on my PS3

----------

and Amin,i was looking at the IPTV,cable,dth forums.There is no unified thread for all of them like there is in the broadband forums like this

Broadband in India

You should create one like 'TV viewing in India'.There should be a unified sub-forum in the cable,dth,iptv forums

i guess i would check out. my Philips CRT TV is a pretty recent model.

i bought it over a LCD because it was much cheaper and suited my usage.

10K for a 29" CRT is a much better deal compared to 35K for a 25" LCD. (last year prices).

i had no need for high definition content. i do not watch too much television so was not worried about power consumption as well.

i am not sure how i would differenciate between component and composite cables. 😀

----------

DTH - Cable - FM - IPTV - CAS

hey admin saw you super large pic of stb,you should remove it now or put a link under your first smaller image for the big one.It is making the forums quite unviewable.

yeah. was thinking about that. its of no use as the text is not even clear. i suck at macro photography.

composite cables are white,red,yellow in color and its ports colors are the same tooComponents are RED,GREEN,BLUE in colors and its ports too