Upload speed 0Mbps, download speed is fine 80-90Mbps

ISP
BSNL
I am getting 0Mbps upload speed, due to which I am not able to browse the internet, whereas download speed is fine.

Laser Device Info
Tx Power 1.800730 dBm
Rx Power -27.958775 dBm
Temperature 29.906250 C
Voltage 3.378400 V
Bias Current 14.400000 mA

I had a similar issue. Well, not exactly similar, I was getting a 5-6Mbps upload peak.
It had started late last year. We were unable to troubleshoot the issue. All of the users were having the same issue.
After months of following up and testing with the LCO and BSNL folks, we figured out the problem is the EPON OLT.
Basically, some of the newly added ONUs were misbehaving and hacking the timeslot of other users causing massive packet loss for every user(Also, EPON is basically Ethernet frames over fibre, no ATM/GEM encapsulation unlike GPON ).

Finally, LCO switched to GPON OLT which he was using to distribute KV and Railwire.
Now It's all fine.
so can you suggest me what should I do? should I ask my LCO to switch from EPON to GPON?

Upvote 0
Not necessarily. Incompatible ont can show such issue. I faced the same when my ont wasn't compatible with the olt after i switched from lco to direct ftth from bsnl, i was having low download 3-4Mbps but upload was normal according to plan. Changed ont and it started working normally.

Yep ask your LCO to test with another ONT temporarily to rule out yours being defective.

Upvote 0