Upgrading to 1Gbps Plan and Offer (TataSky Broadband)

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 198
  • Views Views 27,064

Unable to download, it starts and stops within 2-3 seconds, this is with and without IDM. I'll retry and let u know how it goes. Thanks bro.

The link is working on my jio 4G also so if the link is stopping within 3 secs, something wrong at your end.

Speed upgrade done

Did you test it on browser or App? Cuz it is recommended to test on APP / CLI if using speeds greater than 100mbps.

Edit: Do you get Dynamic IP or is the network under NAT? What NAT type do you get? Is Static IP option available?

@tatyasky @Sushubh guys, I think my connection is improperly configured. I'll have to sort this out with TS. A technician is supposed to visit today

Did you test it on browser or App? Cuz it is recommended to test on APP / CLI if using speeds greater than 100mbps.

Edit: Do you get Dynamic IP or is the network under NAT? What NAT type do you get? Is Static IP option available?
Tested in a browser.
IPv4 is CG-NAT dynamic where as IPv6 is static as long as I don’t re-install Windows.

@tatyasky bro can you please share your VOIP settings in your TSBB Nokia ONT as screenshots? They are available on 2 pages...one is where the Network --> WAN --> separate profile called "2_VOIP_R......." and the 2nd is in Application --> Voice Settings. You can mask your landline No and other credentials of course. 🙂

This 1 Gig upgrade isn't working out so well for me, I might have to roll back to 300 Mbps and ask for a refund of the extra I paid. Will update here when it is finalised.

I can’t because since I am on bridge mode, I don’t have access to the Nokia ONT.
Why is 1 Gbps not working out for you? Any reason given by Tata Sky or your area’s infrastructure not up to speed?

@tatyasky TSBB says their testing is ONLY on their laptop and with speedtest CLI. They do not recognize speeds on customer PCs etc. So I said to them I don't pay you for speeds on your laptop but MY machine(s). It hits a max of 500 and doesn't go beyond it. They refuse to acknowledge. Their laptop shows them 800 max. Strange thing is the upload speeds cross 900 Mbps very easily. Even TSBB can't explain that. Now go figure.

PS - Even I am behind a bridge mode ONT. About accessing the Nokia ONT, you can do it via Wifi. Switch on wifi using the small black button near the power jack and once it comes on you can login. Switch it off when done.

@panks21 yes, it has also been connected directly to a laptop and my desktop machine via a PPPoE connection with the ONT in bridge mode

I think you might be having an issue with ONT/ONU or backend might not have configured your connection correctly.

I max out my iPhone 12’s wifi

Source

Last edited:
@panks21 yes, it has also been connected directly to a laptop and my desktop machine via a PPPoE connection with the ONT in bridge mode
OK. I asked because I had similar issue on a Comcast Connection on PFSense few months ago at my friend's place in US. We replaced PFSense with Juniper SRX and we could get 950Mbps on a wired connection. The PFSense was running on a Qotom hardware