Upgrading to 1GBps Plan and Offer (TataSky Broadband)

havoc

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉
@tatyasky Thanks 😁

Here you go :

1. Excitel - Jaipur
2. Vi India - Jaipur
3. Tata Play Fiber - Jaipur
4. ClassicTech
5. Worldlink
6. Subisu
7. Simple Media Network Private Limited
8. AT&T - Houston Texas
9. Bell Canada (Any)
10. China Telecom - Shanghai

Also if you can then try uploading a video to YouTube and Drive and share how much speeds you actually get on upload. And download speed on Drive. Because I'm gonna mainly use it for uploads and Steam/Epic downloads.

tatyasky

tatyasky

ISP
TataPlay & Jio
Wtf dude you asked me for speedtests and within a minute got banned?

C

Chip

ISP
FTTH: Airtel, TPBB, BSNL
LTE: Airtel, Jio, Vi
I think this is the 2nd time he got banned...wonder what he's been doing. :D

Lolita_Magnum

Lolita_Magnum

🦜
ISP
Airtel-9892
Jio-55836
SlashN-208959
Hz-24940
3rd---4th time to be exact, initially I guess it was due to incorrect use of the Quote and I don't think he got banned due to spamming this time.
Also wondering why would havoc need a speed test for ATT, Bell, or China Telco.

C

Chip

ISP
FTTH: Airtel, TPBB, BSNL
LTE: Airtel, Jio, Vi
The numbers of speed test, ping and trace route obsessed guys are really something. Don't they have anything better to do with their internet connections? :D

Baby Clasher

Baby Clasher

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Vi
Airtel
Jio
BSNL
By the looks of all the tests, It seems like Tata is heavily capping the upload bandwidth to around 400-550 Mbps along with 300 Mbps for international servers.

The China telecom Shanghai result is too poor. Here's mine (300 Mbps connection).

Bell Canada Toronto -

Also Singtel -

All tests are done on Wifi. Bandwidth was reaching 400+ Mbps then coming back to 300. Still better than Tata's international bandwidth. Wonder why they're doing it? If a small ISP like Excitel selling plans at dirt cheap rates can do it why can't they even at 8x more price?

Latency is always higher because from my city traffic first routes to Delhi > Mumbai > Destination. Approx 32-56 ms latency addition (locally) as I've always noticed.

Lolita_Magnum

Lolita_Magnum

🦜
ISP
Airtel-9892
Jio-55836
SlashN-208959
Hz-24940
It's not about performance, it's about the circuit limit. Just like excitel even tataplay is buying a set amount of bandwidth from Tata America, it's not like since they are from the same entity they have control over the providers main backbone. So, depending on number of customers and other variations there will be differences.

Also, no ISP caps speed limits unless there's a bottleneck.
But obviously there are traffic shaping.

Also, hi havoc. I mean, baby clasher.

Last edited:
tatyasky

tatyasky

ISP
TataPlay & Jio
Something is wrong today. Max speedtest result is not going beyond 50 Mbps even on local TataPlay Fiber server. I hope it gets fixed soon.