Upgrading to 1Gbps Plan and Offer (TataSky Broadband)

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 198
  • Views Views 27,058

tatyasky

I got banned!
ISP
TataPlay & Jio
I am upgrading to Tata Sky Broadband 1 Gbps plan. Ideally it costs ₹42,480 for 12 months. But for 2 days they are doing a Janmashtami discount offer where a random percentage of discount is applied ranging from 10% to 100%. I thought I would try my luck as minimum 10% is assured. But to my surprise, they told me that final amt I need to pay is ₹29,120 inclusive of 18% GST. (30% discount). It comes to ₹2,427 per month.

Anyone have experience regarding TataSky’s 1Gbps plans?

WhatsApp txt as received
Code:
Tata Sky broadband Celebrating *Happy JANMASHTAMI*!

Upgrade your plan with 1 Gbps or above speed and you can get *10% to 100% amount* in your wallet! 
Hurray, to get this benefit recharge now by clicking below. 
Cashback will be credited within 48 hrs. from Recharge.

Not bad really...

Can you try single thread , I mean single connection mode speed test to a few international servers?

Single Thread:

Singapore

UK

US. West Coast

Last edited:
Yeah I have 300 and 200mbps from bsnl and Microscan both use tata upstream and I also observe this kind of throttling.

This creates problems for things like linux updates which are single thread. Forcing to use tools like apt-fast to speed things up but still I get 80 mbps max to international servers.

Only torrent download get full plan speed...

@vishalrao Downloading experience is totally satisfactory.

Z9OT66a.png

It took 11 mins 20 secs to download 79.36 GB File with average download speed of 120 MBps (960 Mbps)

Last edited:
Oh wow! This is so tempting 🙂 But sadly I haven't received any offer yet from TSBB.

@Chip
Offer is there. Just call them up and ask.
If you check the wordings in their Whatsapp message, they say upgrade to 1Gbps or above speed. So do they have higher speed plans? I wish they give me a new ONT having 2.5 Gbps ethernet port so that I will get full 1 Gbps speed when I upgrade my router to one having 2.5 Gbps WAN Port like RT-AX86U or RT-AX89X that has 10 Gbe port.

@tatyasky Thanks bro, yeah, I'll call them up tomorrow and enquire. Their website is down and the 1 Gbps option does not show up in the app for me. I need to upgrade a lot of hardware at my end including my old routers to make them relatively future proof for at least 5 years.