Upgradin account online !

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,608

Suraj

Regular
Hello peopleas my account is abt to expire i thought why not try renewin online. 😱does the cable operator come after you for the 100Rs xtra maintenance costs afterwards?

Yes he sure does. Iam paying 150 bucks/month inspite of renewing online.Funny guyz these sify people, they announced that they were withdrawing the online renewal facility abt one month back. But most ppl can still renew online. What was the point of making the announcement then ?

Sify didn't say they were withdrawing the online renewal scheme. It said from now onwards all renewals would be possible using the official Sify client only.

I am thinking of shifting back to dialup if these maintainance charges per month exceeds the broadband charges.

Thanks, well actually i am doin a renewal thru that stupid client itself.....you have to be online/logged in, still.doin it one day before, i heard somebody here(was it u inet?) had problems renewin since u need to be logged in and if incase the account has expired u can't login and hence can't do the renewal.went for the 128 one.....lets if i get any speed improvement over 40. Can't find the guy who talked of the speed boosters...where is he, the booster man... 😛

Originally posted by inetbum@May 15 2005, 01:09 AM
from now onwards all renewals would be possible using the official Sify client only.
[snapback]9343[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, thats wat i meant.

what do you guys do when the account renewal is pipelined?do i need to click on that pipelined link in client?since its not updatin my account but i can still login and go about doin the job even after the account has expired. my account was suppose to expire by 2:00 pm today

it will work upto 12 midnight....then the pipelined pack wud come into use

thanks boygr8 for the info..... 🙂while checkin out the renewal process i noticed that the 40Kbps unlimited Rs 295 account(for 1 month)has 64Kbps speeds but when you take the same account for 2 months & above validity, the speeds are 40Kbps. Crazy...that means the 64kbps account 1 month pack for Rs 695 is a waste of money. :blink:

doin it one day before, i heard somebody here(was it u inet?) had problems renewin since u need to be logged in and if incase the account has expired u can't login and hence can't do the renewal.[/b]

Yeah, I couldn't renew online once my account expired 15 days ago because the Renew link in the official client didn't have any way to renew online I found. After logging in it displayed another link to renew online. How did i login and see what's going on? I "borrowed" a fellow sify user's account info :-|

Originally posted by Suraj@May 14 2005, 09:48 PM
Hello people

does the cable operator come after you for the 100Rs xtra maintenance costs afterwards?
[snapback]9333[/snapback]
[/quote]

So far he has never . I just renewed my expired 6-month account and paid him 450/- .

Depends on how shameless the CTO is. Once my former CTO made my internet access speed very slow and when I complained to him about it he told me to pay the maintenance charge and it would be okay.

Mine doesnt comeHe never comesMaybe thats because, 9 months ago or whenever it was, he disconnected my TV cable ( he handles TV and Internet) while i paid... i called him and i think i said the word FCUK 10 times in each lineSince then he doenst show up in fornt of me anymoreThank god , cuz he is a damn cockroach!!