upgraded to fiber, speed is good but laggy

• Thread starter Thread starter Xamanus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,263
ISP
Airtel
I was on airtel broadband connection for years, no problems at all. Now upgraded to fibre and the connection is good. speed tests run good but things are laggy at times.

example, chess.com, usually i get a game in 2 secs, with fibre there is a 7-10seconds delay

then opening trading view / other charting apps, its laggy. easy 5-10 seconds delays ( note sometimes absolutely no delay )

battlefield 2042 game is like russian roullete, sometimes works sometimes dosent ( this wasnt the problem on broadband )

warp dosent work.

Any tips on how to fix ?

i dont mind buying a different modem

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the recent damage to the undersea optical fibre cables which is affecting many ISP... Have to wait it out I guess

LMAO it seems like OP is really mad. But unfortunately it’s really undersea cable cut which is affecting Airtel and Tata FTTH operations. Repair work is expected to complete by end of January 2022. Today I am already seeing improvements to London pings.

i turned on warp, wow speed is day night difference. everything loading so quick. getting 36 mbps on warp way faster vs 240 mbps on normal.
airtel surely doing something funny.
the problem is steam disconnects when using a VPN.

How do i get around this? the sea wire cut comment was absolutely useless.

@Xamanus then how do you think, countries or even continents are interconnected to each other for internet?

If you believe that all your problems are resolved when using warp, then probably it's an issue with Airtel on your local LCO or NOC level, since Cloudflare India, primarily uses Airtel too.

Recently Airtel upgraded to fiber in my area. I also experienced the lag often. I got rid of the jumper cable from the terminal box to the modem and connected directly. The lag definitely appears to have reduced. I guess with every spliced and connector joining there may be some signal degradation.

I am on 499 plan