Upgraded to 500 Mbps plan. Still getting 300 Mbps speed.

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,391
@Chip
Yeah. But after creating a rukus, they finally upgraded my area for 1 Gbps the next day. Now I get constant 530 Mbps up/down while downloading anything. I don’t use torrents though.

@tatyasky good to know. I am thinking of an upgrade to 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps when my current plan comes up for renewal in a few months.

@Chip You can upgrade midway. That’s what I did. Just pay the difference. New plan gets activated for the duration you ask them for. The amount calculations were correct in my case.

@tatyasky thanks, yes I am aware of the midway upgrade but my Airtel connection is coming for renewal in a week so will probably upgrade TS next month.

After almost a month I am getting decent speeds as per the plan. Only 1 outage for 3 hrs in 30 days.

2500 per month + 18% GST with 3300 GB data cap per month for 500 Mbps. Some discount if paid for full year.

Normal user will just consume maximum of 500-700 per month which includes lot of OTT streaming.

gamer or person which downloads from torrent will tend to consume almost all data . Though this category is only 5 percent people

90% users consume only upto 300 gb data

to be precise 500mbps speed connection is just not needed for residential users. Maximum of 100 or 150mbps speed is enough

Yeah I think 200Mbps would suffice for 99% of the needs, even with multiple streams. I have a 200Mbps Airtel fibre with a monthly usage of around 700GB, I don't see any issues. 2 FHD TV's, son's Zoom classes and my office work

@tatyasky which plan you're currently on & what kind of speeds you're getting? How's the service of TSBB & which city is it?

@havoc
I am on 1Gbps plan and I do get full download speed all the times. No issue.

Upload speed is 1Gbps only between 2 Tata connections. Otherwise, upload speed is throttled heavily or reaches max 250 Mbps. It’s 30-100 Mbps to US.

Average downtime is 3-4 hrs every 2 months. I am not happy with this as it could have been better like Jio which is down 3-4 hrs every 4-5 months.
Apart from that, no complaints really. I am happy with Static IPv6.

How's the service of TSBB & which city is it?
Tata Sky is good, in fact I'd rate it just as good as Airtel. It was buggy in the beginning with sudden disconnections etc but now it's stable and they give you the speed you asked for. However in my case the 1 Gbps plan didnt work so well so I downgraded as I saw no reason to pay extra for something that doesn't deliver. This was an aberration. Their field support is also very good with staff promptly attending to a problem within a few hours or max next day.