Upgraded to 500 Mbps plan. Still getting 300 Mbps speed.

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,390

tatyasky

I got banned!
ISP
TataPlay & Jio
Yesterday I upgraded to 500 Mbps plan from earlier 300 Mbps one. The plan has changed as per the Tata Sky Broadband App. However, the speed is still unchanged at 300 Mbps. I called up CC and they confirmed that plan has changed from their end. I am testing using CAT6 cable connected to my PC so Wifi is not a bottleneck. Speeds are exact 320 Mbps Up/Down. They even marked my raised support ticket as solved. The CC guy told me that I should be thankful that I am receiving at least 300 Mbps. I told him categorically that I have paid extra for 500 Mbps speed!!!! I should get 500 Mbps. Cannot believe the height of incompetence.
Anyone knows higher ups to contact for this ?

Edit: I have rebooted the Router 10 times in last 24 hrs but speed is still 300 Mbps.

Last edited:
Did you restart router?

Yes , restart router but not immediately, shut it off for a few minutes then power it back up?

Engineer visited my place just now. He spoke with a guy at NOC and they were working on it for an hour. After multiple Nokia router reboots, speed still unchanged. Who hires such incompetent morons?

My issue has been marked as resolved in support ticket as per their app. Great service!!

Last edited:
Finally updated after much complaining. Why are simple things like plan change made difficult 10x for customers?

Download speed is 300-500 Mbps throughout the world. But Upload speed for “Out of India” servers is capped to 350 Mbps. I just cannot get higher even on Singapore.

Reactions: AAK
I got it done from the guy who came for installation. So from day 1, I am on bridge mode.

This can happen if your area is still not upgraded to 500 or 1 Gbps. Find out from the local team if it is possible. When I called for an upgrade the call centre said its possible but the local TSBB tech I know said no, it is still in testing phase and he'll let me know when done. There's a disconnect between the 2 teams. The OLT has to be configured to support 500+ MBps only then will it happen even if your app says you are on the new plan