• Thread starter Thread starter balajik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,124

balajik

Regular
ISP
AIRTEL
Today, I noticed that my plan has been upgraded. I'm using ACT Thunder at Rs. 1499 which had 450GB data @100 mbps. Now, the plan offers 1500GB @150 mbps. All plans have been upgraded.

Balaji how is the customer service of ACT in Chennai ? which locality of Chennai are you from ? I am in West Mambalam. My dilemma is whether to go for ACT or Hathway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been only three months and they have updated their plans again.

BQKaymo.png

Well damn, those plans would be expanded to other cities post Jio Fiber launch, I guess.

August 15! That's news to me, didn't know they were launching so soon. Guess ACT is waiting to see Jio's plans. If it's 2999 I'll be switching to Giga most likely. Just need to be sure what the setup regarding ONT and all is like for giga plans.

I just had a word with their sales rep. They are using GPON instead of Metro Eth obviously and fiber will terminate in your home. I am also very tempted to go for this plan but ACT is only good till it breaks in my area, customer care is almost non existent as per my friends with ACT. Cherri usually matches plans with ACT and I might have to fight for better international routing. Still worth a try for 1 Gbps! 😀

1 Gbps @ 2999 :nuts: to think I was paying about the same for Airtel's 16mbps only some months ago.

guess in another 6 months it should be <1500.

Hathway is also reportedly experimenting with 1 Gbps for the users with 999, 150 Mbps plan. Though I don't expect them to offer 1 Gbps for such price, would be a killer if they surprised us like they did with 1 TB for 999, couple of years ago.

I am seeing two different gigabit plans for the same rental

plan under personal:
YX7AkGv.png

plans under enterprise:
X9nG9OU.png

Is it going to be 3TB or 4TB for 2999 ?! 🤔

It's 3TB - I just put in my request for upgrade. The CS team were unclear whether this is launched for residential (they were sure it was for enterprise/SMB only) but after I pointed out the plans, they checked and have created a ticket now.

I'll update whatever that happens next. Ideally, I want a dedicated fiber pair into my place instead of ethernet like now, and I want to disconnect the shared box power.

Usually residential users will always get higher amount of data. ACT offering 4TB to enterprise and 3TB to residential users for the same price is surprising.

^ Then maybe can take an SME connection at a residential place if its priced the same. At least it should have better contention ratio and SLA.

I've tried before, they want your registered company details at the location if you need to apply SME connection.

They've removed the 'silver' SME plan that offered 4000GB, now there's a different plan with 3000GB same as residential. Also, installation charges for existing customers is 2k - I tried to get this removed but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Multiple tickets opened, and they're double checking to see what kind of PC/laptop we have and that no router will be supplied by them.

Next is apparently feasibility, let's see what happens.