Unwanted calls from numbers

ISP
vodafone
Hello,
I'm out of my wits, it's been 2 years I'm getting calls from some numbers and I'm not sure what to do now -
I got this new vodafone number a couple of years back, which seems to be a resale since the first call I received after the number was activated was for the previous owner of this number.
We tried to explain to the people that the number doesn't belong to the person anymore and they should find another way to contact the person, but seems it gave them a reason to call me more. They call me and start talking in with no heads or tail or sometimes even in language which is hard to understand. If I disconnect they call back again and again.
My old handset had the block number option so I blocked the numbers, but I started running out of space, finally I thought it's over and I've managed to block the calls, but a few weeks back I changed my handset and the calls have started again.
These are some of the numbers I get calls from, more than 15 calls sometimes in a day and at any time of the day -
+919822788246
+919822788279
+919822792820
+919822793068
I had contacted vodafone customer support for the same but didn't get any response from them.
I keep the phone in silent mode now so as to not to hear the rings, but that way I miss important calls or calls I want to answer.
I can't change the number for sometime so that's not an option and DND doesn't seem to work on it.
Can anyone suggest something?
Thanks,

Only option you have to continue blocking these numbers. What handset are you using these days?
DND is made for telecallers not regular people who might be contacting you because they have your number in someone else's name.

mhm. a symbian device? there should be apps available that should let you block unlimited number of calls?

or is it based on the s30/s40 platform? i do not know much about Nokia devices.

vodafone charges are quite high. though they are not clarifying if 99 rupees monthly pack comes with unlimited number support.

Vodafone Call Filter: Block Unwanted Callers| India

https://broadband.forum/topic/77822-missed-calls-from-scam-numbers/?p=781274
I am using Samsung feature phone only to block calls 😀
I can block any number or series through inbuilt call blocker. I have blocked all numbers starting from +92, +9191 (I guess Uninor numbers), 011/012 (I guess Noida number who call for LIC, Reliance schemes), and some others. When I get calls from these series number, phone never rings, just missed call is displayed.
If you had Samsung phone, you could easily block numbers starting with "+9198227" through inbuilt call-blocking feature as all incoming calls you get starts with this.
But if you get some expected call starting with this series, there is risk that you will miss that as well.

lol tracked those number via truecaller. They are all from IDEA. Are you sure thats a vodafone sim? Any past unpaid bills wrt previous owner to IDEA?
Change your mobile phone dawg and get a fresh sim

Mobile Number Portability probably make all these checks potentially incorrect.