Unusual Browsing problem on 4G

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,871
ISP
Airtel
We are facing unusual problem since few days. On Airtel 4G network, google.com, as an example, opens only in Chrome but not in IE or Firefox. But thru Tata Photon 2G, the same site opens from all the three browsers. This problem started after we changed the hardware device from Airtel. We had an indoor device earlier for more than 1.6 yrs which is now replaced by an outdoor device(ODU). Also the 4G sim card is new. Have officially lodged a complaint with Airtel. The Airtel guys' first clarification is "no issues from their end". Has anybody faced similar problem? Or do you have any logical / technical suggestion? Any suggestion or/and help is most welcome !!!

Do you have any proxies setup in IE/Firefox?

Do you have any proxies setup in IE/Firefox?

No Sir. It is a direct connection using WiFi. Even connecting a CAT5 cable gives the same issue. Once you disconnect and use other ISP, it works. Problem seen only when connected thru Airtel.

Airtel is giving outdoor units with 4G connections? What is the make and model number if you may please tell us.

I contacted them asking about the same for my office (in Delhi) and they denied any such thing (outdoor units) being available. Only indoor units are available in Delhi.

Airtel is giving outdoor units with 4G connections? What is the make and model number if you may please tell us.

I contacted them asking about the same for my office (in Delhi) and they denied any such thing (outdoor units) being available. Only indoor units are available in Delhi.

They are Gemtek make. Imported by Beetel (Bharti company). The ODU unit model is WLTQS-103 and router model is WRTR-301GN.

They always try to sell their older stock first, which are outdated or have technical issues. The above models are not mentioned on their website. I was surprised when I received them !