Unstable speed and high ping

• Thread starter Thread starter deepakjgb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 9,098
Hello
I recently changed to bsnl after my friend told me about the 1091 plan
I got it last week buy i only get around 3-4mbps and below in speed test and it keeps varying with every Chennai server.
Also the ping even for the Chennai server is 250ms+
I play CS GO and some other online games and now i cant literally play some games because of the ping
I Contacted exchange and checked speed test directly there and its still the same
Only in BSNL Bangalore server in speed test it is good and stable

Some Speed Test results

Chennai :

BSNL Bangalore :

Average download speed is -350-400kbps
In Google play store i get around 600-700kbps
Youtube is good at 720p but browsing seems slow

My modem Statistics :

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Its been 4days since this issue and im still contacting the exchange for the same
Last update from the exchange is that theyre trying to sort it out with NIB
Is there any problem with the modem statistics?
Is there anything that i can inform to the exchange to sort this out?

Sorry for the long post :/

Anyone? .-.

modem stats are good. More of Bsnl backend routing problem.

@ OP I am having the EXACT same problem. Live in Egmore area , Chennai and I changed to the ULD1091 plane from the 1495 plan (4MBPS 30gb). With the earlier plan i would get ping of 150 to EU servers and less than 50 to Singapore. The moment the plan change took effect to 1091 my pings went haywire (all pings to eu are now >250ms) and gaming is impossible. Even chennai speedtest pings are 200+

bsnl exchange is clueless. But i can indeed confirm that the ULD1091 plan is USLESS for gaming, I am planning to change my ISP

One more wierd thing. They just upgraded my line connection to 24407 Kbps which means im getting 24 MBPS speeds with the 1091ULD. However ping is still COMPLETE trash. Like you my router and line stats are good so its not a line issue. Looks like bsnl routing for this plan is fkd up

Damn i just changed to bsnl for this plan , now i have to change again
But some of my friends with this plan have normal ping and speed
I'll try to wait or change to railwire

Is Bsnl putting all 1091plan users to same gateway which is congested?

Is Bsnl putting all 1091plan users to same gateway which is congested?

I suspect the same. I've posted here about it too. I'm being limited to one particular Remote Access Server at 59.94.148.1 and get assigned IPs in the range 59.94.[148,149,150].x after switching to the 1091 plan :/

I never get speeds above 2mbps with regular http connections, even slower than that for https connections. On torrents, where one connects to hundreds of individual IPs, I get a maximum of around 4.5mbps in bursts, averaging out to around 3mbps tops over longer periods.

Line stats are all okay, so no issues with the connection from my house to their DSLAM. It's the routing from beyond the DSLAM port that's the issue :/

Would like to hear from some other users of this plan, and see what IPs they are being assigned.

Same problem here getting 300+ ping to singapore and 200+ to dubai too , rarely it gets 100-150 for 2-3 hour and then again spikes back. Any solution :/

I am from chennai. I play BFBC2 online and i get about 232 ping (after laying new cables near my locality replacing the old ones) for France servers( B3 funserver and Du4). Earlier i was getting around 270 ping due to damaged wires near locality. I guess you have the same problem as i had.

^ It has nothing to do with cable laying. I used to have ping even lower than yours (150 ping to EU and 40 ping to SG). The same day my ULD1091 plan came to effect the ping has ALWAYS been close to 300 consistently in spite of numerous router reboots. Other users on 1091 seem to be facing the same issue. Its obvious the dirty crooks at bsnl are forcing all 1091 plan users on a congested gateway.

^ It has nothing to do with cable laying. I used to have ping even lower than yours (150 ping to EU and 40 ping to SG). The same day my ULD1091 plan came to effect the ping has ALWAYS been close to 300 consistently in spite of numerous router reboots. Other users on 1091 seem to be facing the same issue. Its obvious the dirty crooks at bsnl are forcing all 1091 plan users on a congested gateway.

I'm one of those CS1091 users
I managed to head to the exchange, meet the sub divisional engineer who handles the area my connection is in, and I got them to manually rewire my line onto a different switch in their line termination room, and then reassign the port I'm routed through to their central b-ras (elsewhere in the city) from the dslam in the exchange.

In short I'm now getting IPs in the 117.x.x.x range, with much better consistency in pings and speed. The actual ping isn't much better though, I get around 120ms to the SingTel server on speedtest.net.

Better than before though [emoji14]

I'm one of those CS1091 users
I managed to head to the exchange, meet the sub divisional engineer who handles the area my connection is in, and I got them to manually rewire my line onto a different switch in their line termination room, and then reassign the port I'm routed through to their central b-ras (elsewhere in the city) from the dslam in the exchange.

In short I'm now getting IPs in the 117.x.x.x range, with much better consistency in pings and speed. The actual ping isn't much better though, I get around 120ms to the SingTel server on speedtest.net.

Better than before though [emoji14]
Like is said, i had 232 ping ingame on france servers two weeks back! Then, for the past 15 days there wasnt internet connectivity at my place due to chennai floods. Yesterday, they took a line from a neighbouring area and connected at my place. My PING SUCKS 🙁((( Now i get 400ms ingame on France servers 🙁( My IP is still in the 117.x.x range but my ping suckss!! Any help? 🙁

Like is said, i had 232 ping ingame on france servers two weeks back! Then, for the past 15 days there wasnt internet connectivity at my place due to chennai floods. Yesterday, they took a line from a neighbouring area and connected at my place. My PING SUCKS 🙁((( Now i get 400ms ingame on France servers 🙁( My IP is still in the 117.x.x range but my ping suckss!! Any help? 🙁
Post some traceroutes to those servers, let's see where bsnl is taking you.

Thx, i sorted it out 🙂 It seems some IP ranges use a different gateway through which packets travel through long routes to reach a destination. However other IP ranges use a different gateway where there are less hops between my PC and destination server.
All i had to do was restart the router, until i get those good IP ranges. (117.2xx.....)
Now, on server list, i get 175ms for france servers. And 215 ingame due to packet loss and stuff. Almost all my bullets hit the target 🙂