• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,964

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
So it seems that today someone near my house has installed a wireless network too, since it started messing up my connection (for some reason my laptop would not pick up my wireless network, and would want to connect to this other person's network). Anyway I solved my problem by unchecking the "Connect when this network is in range" option for the other connection.... but in a fit of good nature, I was wondering what my options are in terms of letting this person know that he might become our colony's local ISP if he doesn't secure his network!! (Plus I don't get a decent speed off his connection anyway) 😛 With a simple google search I could log into his network settings!So apart from knocking at the door of every house near mine, is there someway I can let this dude know what he needs to do? He's using a MTNL connection (502T) with a Netgear wireless router - that's all I know.

Why always guys that person could be a gal also??:lol:

if u can find ip of person, then it is easy to locate by asking ISP.by DOS command (netstat) or use Steganos Security Suiteor X-NetStat.Professional etc.

no need. chances are that his PC is accessible through "My network places". Just paste a file on his desktop with a weird name and a message. He'll understand 😉