Unreliable connectivity in Zoom on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter Knowledge 9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,089
Yeah, Zoom does not allow ping to their servers. But they are mostly hosted on AWS. You can try looking up the connected region in your Zoom client and ping an AWS endpoint to that location. Again this is just a ping to AWS. The routing might be messed up from there.

The routing isn't messed up from AWS to Zoom. If that were the case, nothing would work, irrespective of ISP or Cloud flare.

In OPs case, routing of Jio's core network and its announcements to AWS are messed up.

Whenever I am complaining to JIO customer care, they are refusing to look into the matter saying that it is not their problem, i should complain to zoom. But I am unable to reach Zoom by any means. During zoom meeting , it only shows that data centre in US nothing more. So chances of pinging is not possible here. Please help respected member, I am feeling worried. If I can't attain the meeting my job is at a risk in this hard situation. Kindly help.

The free plan only allows a data center of their choice. If you can get your team to change the Server location(if it's paid) it would be nice.

Or use a VPN for a few days and hope that it gets noticed and resolved

focus on your own issue. since warp works for you, use it for work meetings. getting jio to fix this would require locating a technical person in charge of their routing related infrastructure. it would probably resolve on its own randomly like things usually do on indian isps. get a warp+ subscription to improve connectivity.

I second @Sushubh . If its working for you by using wrap use it. You can follow up with jio/zoom when you have some time on your hands.If you have an option to change the ISP, switch.
BTW have you tried different DNS servers?

assuming you are on windows...

just test out using different dns servers using an app like yogadns or NextDNS.

cloudflare warp app also lets you just use their dns service.

1.1.1.1 is just dns.

Xp4GOxq.webp

warp is VPN.

vmeUDVU.webp

if the issue is resolved using just dns, it should be fine as your connectivity would remain fast.

Recommend to change DNS in router. You can try different DNS servers and see how it works.

Provider Primary DNS Secondary DNS
Google 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
Quad9 9.9.9.9 149.112.112.112
OpenDNS Home 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220
If these does not work google for other DNS servers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using zoom for 3 months with no issues here, it automatically connects to India datacenter so not a routing issue, maybe OP has something wrong with their PC. @Knowledge 9 try using a different device after resetting your router.