Unreliable Airtel Broadband Connectivity At My Place

Sushubh

Administrator
Looks like my current Buffalo router has gone nuts resulting in insane connectivity problems. Could be Airtel though I am working on getting it checked. I might replace the wireless router considering I have been planning to upgrade to something with wider range. So, basically want a suggestion for a good quality wireless router with good range. My current one is installed in the basement. And it works well on the first floor but dies when I go to the other end of the house (on the ground floor itself).

Sushubh

Administrator
currently running the connection directly connected to the modem bypassing the router. same shitty random disconnections again. airtel would send people to change the wiring tomorrow. would have to live with this till then. i hope that fixes my problem. i have to pay a bill of 2500 in the next two days. they are not making it easy for me to do it right now. connection got disconnected again while i was writing this post. excellent.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
I too have a Belkin router, and it has a decent range......about 25-30 feet. Cant find out the model details, but this is what is written on the box - Basic Router, N150.

Sushubh

Administrator
lol. i need more than 30 feet. i need something much much stronger. i guess i would exchange my router with a friend. that router is a tp-link model with three antennas. should work better for me.

aviral sangal

Senior
Check your SNR. Keep the modem page opened. And do keep an eye when disconnection happens. It happens mostly due to bad line. Also try to unhook the receiver of phone and keep it like that and try using the internet. That might help