unltd. dwnld. at 256kb/sec for 995/mnth

• Thread starter Thread starter arun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,981
in Sify, u still can't download more than 150 MB between 8 am and 10 pm...the unlimited timings are only between 10 pm and 8 am... 😉

wo!... then the quote was misleading... n so are my dreams too ...lol... i was dreamin of a 1.5k/month unltd 512

I called up the guy at hathway.He says there are no daily limits to downloading in 256Kbps at 995/mnth unltd. dwnld. plan.Also I asked if the cable operators are going to charge me extra(which is the case for exactt net customers),he said somthing about having a dedicated line and having pacts with the local cable operators.A guy using hathway said he gets about 25-35Kbps speed on his 256Kbps line.Not sure though if he is from Mumbai or for that matter Delhi.Waiting for more good reviews...

hmm i have friends in andheri who use hathway... they say its very good.. a couple of my friends were on a 128 kbps unlimited connection .. the speeds were around 12-15KB... and they didnt have to pay anything to the cable wallas... though i do not know about the down times..

their speeds are not good...personal exp... 🙂

Check out the cool reviews "Igate" is getting in the "others" subforum.I I just cant believe how lucky those guys are.

Guys,I figured that maybe if we are lucky enough to get even around 20Kbps const. in the unltd. schemes of hathway or for that matter igate we are much much better off than mtnl.mtnl at 25kbps for 8hrs max=705MbHathway or i gate at 20Kbps for atleast 12hrs=845Mbthats 140Mb more per day!Any comments on that.

N i'm in bangalore.. Dunno about situation elsewhere.. According to caluations that way.. getting 25 kBps worst for 24 hours means 25kB in 1 sec1500kB in 1 min90000kB in 1 hour2.16GB in 1 day!hows that?..Now after loss even if u get 75 mb an hour, 1.8 GB a day!So get to unlimited.. but remeber u'll be paying ur electric company thru ur nose!

Originally posted by pawanrh@Aug 18 2005, 11:39 PM
I have a thorough experience of mine with hathway freeway 256 here=> https://broadband.forum/Hathway_Internet_..._me_-t2215.html pls read! Anybody planning on hathway will be happy!

And yes i get constant speends of 25-30 on it! All day n night!
[snapback]22104[/snapback]
[/quote]
Great review.Thanks!But are you sure about the static ip being free 'cause even mtnl is asking for 2k/yr for a static ip.If its free then thats great news!
Hope i will be seeing such great reviews from mum. users too 🙂

Yeah its free.. Rather u can say the whole connection works onyl if u have entereds the right ip address (For that particular modem).. But..... A Big 'But', like most other private operators, most ports are blocked!