Unlocking 'Last Mile' copper wire

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,989
PSU's would probably use this as 'revenue of last resort' :frown:

:hysterical::rofl::hysterical:Only I don't laugh when my usage is grossly over metered. In fact I am going to approach Airtel to find out if they have started operations in my area.

Have a look at this article dated 24 March, 2004: ISPs get Trai clearance for last-mile copper link-up- Indiatimes - Infotech

It says: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has recommended that internet service providers should be able to directly reach enterp
rises and homes through copper connections.

So TRAI knows everything yet, nothing has been done till date. I guess ULL is not possible in India.

But, if this has been deployed in other countries, why is India not ready to implement it?

Actually TRAI in its recommendations advised DOT to unbundle the local loop. But DoT bluntly rejected it in its broadband policy saying that this will lead to disaster siting examples of some Countries? I really don't know what could have been the disaster. DoT as always is short sighted and they are of the opinion that they should not accept all TRAI recommendations.And another thing everyone should not is TRAI is only a regulator and can give only recommendations. DoT is the one who implements and amends a policy.

DoT bluntly rejected it in its broadband policy saying that this will lead to disaster siting examples of some Countries? I really don't know what could have been the disaster. DoT as always is short sighted and they are of the opinion that they should not accept all TRAI recommendations.

Ya, what disaster? Anyone heard of any 'disaster'?

And another thing everyone should not is TRAI is only a regulator and can give only recommendations. DoT is the one who implements and amends a policy.

My bad. I got confused between the two. 😕

it will surely happen like i said but its just about having enough spare cash to grease the hands of the minister, officers, union leaders, employees and retired employees. its the economic and political factors which make the pace of this slower and unattractive at the moment... read my last post... no need to:wall: just chill :rofl:

If they can do this BSNL to lease out towers in semi-urban areas - The Financial Express why not the copper wire too? :madness:😡:madness:. And that goes for MTNL too.

Whoa! Never read that. It's a shame that they haven't implemented the same policy for copper wires. :S

it will surely happen
I'll be dead by then. 🙁

Migration has always been an awesome option! 😛