Unlock G-2425G-A router running on latest firmware

• Thread starter Thread starter Rehan ahmad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 146
  • Views Views 41,636
Note: Tested for Nokia router G-2425G-A running on firmware 3FE49362JJIJ50.

Use this script to decrypt your configuration file. This script has been updated for latest firmware (3FE49362JJIJ50).

Source

All the steps to decrypt the config files has been already discussed in other posts as well, kindly follow them.

1) After decrypting the config file, open the generated xml file in a text editor.
2) Search for TelnetSshAccount section and write username as ONTUSER and password as "anyrandompassword" (remember this password for future).
3) Enable ONTUSER to drop into busybox instead of vtysh by setting LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false. Go to LimitAccount_ONTUSER section and change that option to FALSE.
4) Encrypt the config file again using the same script and import in your router (remember to enable telnet in Security --> Access Control --> LAN).
5) Now use any tool to access telnet, I have used windows powershell (you can enable telnet in windows additional features).
6) In Windows PowerShell write; telnet --> o --> 192.168.1.1
Username: ONTUSER
Password: your password from STEP 2
7) Now in shell write ---> ritool set OperatorID ALCL

After this step you have enabled root access. Login to your router to check everything has been unlocked.

Now hard reset from back of the router is recommended to enable editing any WAN settings but before that remember to take a backup of your configuration and wan settings.

8) After hardreset the router's gateway will default to 192.168.1.254 and username and password will change to AdminGPON and ALC#FGU respectively.

If you use original config, it will get locked again. After you unlock it and hard reset. Put the PPPOE config + VLAN manually don't reimport the OG config

Sure, will keep that in mind.
Have both original and updated config files available now.

What about the issue of no link on bridged ports?

I haven't tried using bridge mode yet, I don't have another router. Make sure the ONT is fully unlocked and then try enabling bridge mode again (port 4)

I have tested bridge mode multiple times on port 4 it was working for me. On your second router make sure the pppoe credentials and VLAN ID is correct.

While on bridge mode your second router will not be able to connect via local network, you need to input pppoe configs in your second router with the correct vlan id that will authenticate your second router from Airtel's backend and assign you a new ip.

For me configs are like this.
Vlan ID: 100
Username: xxxxxxxx_dsl@airtelbroadband.in
Password: account number

Last edited:
Can you share steps for enabling bridge mode after unlocking the router?
I am able to reset, unlock, lock again with default config, hard reset etc but after enabling bridge mode on port 4 or others the LAN connection does not get established.

@Rajneesh Rana
I will share the steps what I have done so far to enable the bridge mode.
1) Unlock the router to gain root access.
2) Hard reset the router from the back of the router by holding the pin for approx 30+ seconds.
3) Manually added the pppoe configurations in Network --> WAN to enable the internet connection.
4) Now go to Network --> LAN and enable the bridge mode on port 4 and restart the router.
5) Connect the port 4 of the Nokia modem to your second router WAN port via lan cable.
6) In your second router go to WAN settings, add the pppoe configurations similar to what you've entered in previous steps including the vlan id.
7) After saving the pppoe configs your second router will authenticate with airtel backend server and fetch a new ip address.

If the above steps are not working for you then try these steps with a different router or you can also dial up pppoe connection via your pc to check if it's working or not, but remember to change vlan id in the device manager first.

Bridge mode for me didn't work until airtel enabled it from their end even though my ont was unlocked.
Maybe the guys who have it working got it enabled before they unlocked.

Tried these steps once again
1) Unlock the router to gain root access.
2) Hard reset the router from the back of the router by holding the pin for approx 30+ seconds.
3) Manually added the pppoe configurations in Network --> WAN to enable the internet connection.
4) Now go to Network --> LAN and enable the bridge mode on port 4 and restart the router.
All these worked, manual WAN setup on router works but after enabling Bridge mode on port 4 there's no link connection on the bridge port.
Still stuck at this.