Unlimited Gprs For Rs.200

• Thread starter Thread starter hitech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 12,744

hitech

News is that BSNL has announced a few days ago they will be offering unlimited GPRS for Rs.200 + basic cellone postpaid rental.I called BSNL customer service and they said that I can use that to connect to my PC! Even though I know I will be getting very low speeds, I just want to know exactly what speed anyone would be getting through BSNL GPRS when connected to a PC.Help.

i dont know exact speed but its awfully slowthaks

Airtel offers a negligible speed of 1.15 kbps on its gprs in my city. Surely BSNL won't be offering anything earth-shattering either.

the point remains, gprs is technically equipped to offer pretty decent speeds...

It can probably offer at max at best equivlent to a 64k connection.But pings and RTT are horrible for gprs.Rest are in the hands of provider like how much time-slots and coding used, again i assume that you have a class 10 gprs capable phone/pc card.Typically u can get 6kBps (+-1) in the best case.In Airtel gprs' case i get 6k at best and average 2-3k.Ask if they can provide EDGE,it offers almost 2.5 times speed of gprs.

QUOTE(Argus @ May 22 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]51976[/snapback]
Airtel offers a negligible speed of 1.15 kbps on its gprs in my city. Surely BSNL won't be offering anything earth-shattering either.
[/b]

I do not have any idea on GPRS.. but i hope you meant 1.15 Kilo bytes per sec.

I know of a trick that lets u browse internet pn PC via GPRS on airtel for free.....and i get speeds b/w 32-48 kbps.

QUOTE(boygr8 @ May 22 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]52006[/snapback]
I know of a trick that lets u browse internet pn PC via GPRS on airtel for free.....and i get speeds b/w 32-48 kbps.
[/b]

You're kidding?

No,he's not.Primary requirment is a multislot gprs device,which is not available in 50% of gprs phones.and im not sure if itll work in all circles.but i believe its not worth it even if its free.

I think Multislot GPRS is present in most phone....i have been using the trick with my cheap old Mot C350e

Multislot gprs device or not its fairly easy to browse the net on the PC using airtel Gprs. Speeds are around 4.5 to 5 KBps

U just need a phone that can have 2 simultaneous diff GPRS profiles working simultaneously....I think its illegal to discuss it

dude on normal phone u get 35-40 ka speedn on edge u can get upto 384kbps ka speed

384k is way too much,only 3G is able to achive that speeds,In reality u get 220k max if everything goes right.Most Nokia s40 phones,which constiute a bulk of market,hasnt got multi-channel gprs.