Looking for a list of all blocked sites in India

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaydip Das
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 22,822
is this banning goes for Private trackers too, like link-removed ?

I highly doubt it. Unless reliance is throttling bittorrent completely, private trackers should work alright.

My torrents are still running fine. I dont understand whats this fuss all about!

Unblock Filehosting Sites without using any VPN or proxy or any tor or opera turbo browser.
Hello friends,

We all know that in the past, in the month of July, Reliance, Airtel and Aircel blocked filehosting sites in so many areas. Now all is fine. But again this problem is arising in some areas of India......

That is from The Department of Telecom (DOT)

” This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom (DOT) .”

The big reason behind that is increasing piracy in India through Internet..... And obviously all you know about that.

Now we want to access all the filehosting sites.... without using any proxy or vpn..

But Many people feeling difficulties to using proxy or vpn like slow speed, and other reasons.

So, here is a permanent and easy solution

Just change your dns to google dns or open dns. And reconnect your internet.

Now you can open all filehosting sites like link-removed, mediafire, hotfile......and others...

How to change DNS

1) Open My network Places

2) View network Connections

3)Choose your main active internet connection (Not vpn connection if you are using vpn or l2tp)

4) Right click on your network connection and choose properties

5) Click on networking tab----- then click on Internet Protocol TCP/IP

6) Now choose the option 'Use the following DNS server addresses

7) Now we have to use google dns, Type this dns in that field.

Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS server : 8.8.4.4

or

you can use opendns

Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

Click on OK. Finish

Now disconnect and reconnect your internet service.

Now you can open any filehosting sites on Airtel and Reliance.

I tried this on reliance and Airtel......... And it really works.....

Not tried on Aircel...... So, You can try and reply.

Note:- Now all websites are working fine in India. But even in some areas, in some regions, there are for a short time they are banned.

So whenever you face this kind of problem, you can use this above method.

One more thing is that, some people says using google dns or open dns , you can speed up your internet. Yes, its true. But it increases a little bit, which we can't realize it. And the big thing is that its protect us from malicious harmful sites......

Above topic is only for those, who are using paid GPRS or 3g of Airtel, Aircel or Reliance.

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy........

well link-removed is blocked on my airtel connection and i have not used airtel's dns servers for years now. 🙂 just saying. the block is at a deeper level. i think flag is involved like it was in the earlier instance.

well link-removed is blocked on my airtel connection and i have not used airtel's dns servers for years now. 🙂 just saying.

the block is at a deeper level. i think flag is involved like it was in the earlier instance.

is the domain resolving ? if not, then switch dns to google

if it resolves,then tracert and see where the block is

Even though we need to really look into ways to access sites due to unethical blocking by ISP`s , but the core solution is not using a proxy or something , it is to fight against these blockade. We are not in iran or china to lurk in the dark and find alternate solution. Please use following options :

You can use Time for our fight against censorship #protectFoE to discuss

Use #protectfoe and #foe to raise your voice on twitter. [FoE - Freedom of Expression]
Write to reliance and call thier CC.
If you want , you can contact CIS , Medianama
Spread the word to your friends, if more people are aware of this , it will be better

Anyway some say if you remove www. from the url , it seems to be working . Can anyone also confirm that direct ip to these sites work? Or use Tor bundle

@anilsethi04, changing the DNS worked last time reliance decided to block file sharing site. This time however, it does not seem to be working. This time, it seems that they are looking at the HOST header that your browser transmits to effect the block.

Just open with secure HTTP and website will open... use this...
https://link-removed.se/
Note just add 's' after 'http'...Enjoy...

opindia is protesting the internet censership in india by indian govt!!!
by defacing many government website also private websites like bigcinemas

here is a link confirming hacking of reliance site
Hacker Confronts Reliance After the ISP Blocks Pastebin and Vimeo (Updated) - Softpedia

also

here is the google cache of site bigcinemas
http://bigcinemas.com/IN/Default.htm].::Hacked by Anonymous::.[/url]

if ppl support the protest by opindia do join https://twitter.com/#!/_OpIndia and
chat on AnonOps Web Chat (qwebirc)

This isn't necessarily the right way to do this, since this disrupts patrons of the websites involved (is disrupting bigcinemas.com going to hurt them? I doubt it, and it just gives them media fodder to persuade the public in to thinking that they're doing the right thing in imposing even more censorship, stricter regulations and generally f*ing it up for the rest of us more than before.)Don't they realize that the officials involved usually have their names & numbers (both office & residence) on public record? I've had occasion to call ministers and such at home in order to get certain problems resolved that I couldn't get done through the "proper" channels, so... you know... just planting seeds... but don't consider this as me endorsing the harassment of head-honchos or anything. If anything, the most powerful thing is simply to vote with your wallet: if EVERYONE were to boycott Big Cinemas for a day (or more) - preferably a day which would otherwise be busy - then they might see a message (as in, don't piss off your customers: statistically, moviegoers & Internet users are often the same people in different market segments - if you piss them off online, you risk losing them offline as well.