• Thread starter Thread starter Amuthan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,808

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
Well guys, Don't even imagine that this pricing is in India! Never! 😛 Well this is the price fixed by British Telecom for Unlimited Broadband! The specs include:# Up to 24 Mbps download speed# Up to 1.3 Mbps upload speed# Unlimited Internet access# No download capsPricing: # £24 monthly - Approx Rs.2100# £24 connection fee - Approx Rs.2100Ubelieveable eh? Well I just wish it was like that in India! 🙁 Hmph! I have to tame my old 256kbps connection 🙄 Regards,Amuthan

Lets not forget that 24 UK Pounds Sterling, is like, Rs 500/- not 2100 (earning vs cost of living hehe)Rs 500 for 24 mbps! Yep, neverrrrrrr.But never say never 🙂

compare mtnl's 2399 wid this one...u got yourself a davidletterman joke!vishal, i ___ say ____!

Originally posted by vishalrao@Jan 7 2006, 08:12 AM
But never say never 🙂
No need to say it. It's implied.

david letterman joke:MTNL tells BT "My b*lls are bigger than yours" (errr, the * is the letter 'i', u dirty minds)BT retorts "And I have fatter 'pipes', more width (bandwidth)"(what? get ur minds outta the gutter) !

Originally posted by thecoolone@Jan 7 2006, 05:37 PM
im paying rs 550/- for 64kbps connec grrr
[snapback]38547[/snapback]
[/quote]

what if you were living in a tribe in the jungles of south africa? i dont think ur doing very bad...

This service is not provided by BT. It just comes on BT's copper.

I used to pay £30 per month for 512kbps three years ago.

BT is going to charge much higher for anything. They never decompress bandwidth more then 20 times.

BT charges £30 per month even today, speeds have increased to 2 mbps. Their plans have download limits.

BT providing good service for cheap...LOL..this has to be a 3rd party, the question is what took them so long...oh yeah..after whining bout letting competitors use their line. They finally relented like 5 yrs later.

i know some service provider in the UK was providing 22Megs without any download caps or other caps...

Quite a few of them provide such plans. But they do not carry any SLA.And Tier 1 ISPs do not provide such plans in UK.

doesnt matter as no ISP will want to enter into an SLA with an individual. Dunno if they do in the western hemisphere...

BT does have an SLA. You actually get a chargeback if your line is down for more then 8 hours and if you have opted for ADSL directly from BT.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jan 7 2006, 07:40 PM
what if you were living in a tribe in the jungles of south africa? i dont think ur doing very bad...
[snapback]38556[/snapback]
[/quote]
If I lived in the jungles, I would enjoy the freedom - and not be stuck in the materialistic and technological world 🙂
So the question is not relevant...unless the tribals were stupid idiots just like the civilized people.