Unable to share Internet Connection through wireless router - remote desktop is possible

rohit_g198111

ISP
BSNL
I am not able to use both my laptop and desktop to connect to the internet.I have a MT882 modem and Belkin N Wireless router, I have configured a static connection on the wireless router and I have enable DHCP, I am getting an IP address on both my laptop which is running on Windows 7 and Desktop which is running on Windows XP. I am able to connect to internet using my laptop but not my desktop. The funny thing is, I can remote into my desktop from my laptop through the wireless router. I cannot however remote into the laptop from the desktop. I can ping using my laptop to the wireless router and I get a response. I do not get any response from my desktop. I am at a loos as to what else should i be doing to fix this issue.Laptop ------ Wireless AccessDesktop ------Wired AccessLaptop ------- Windows 7Desktop ------ Windows XP

In TCP/IP properties of your connection (on both machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically " and check.

In TCP/IP properties of your connection (on both machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically " and check.

I am getting IP address on both my desktop and laptop and "Obtain IP address automatically" is enabled on both desktop and laptop

this is a werid bug in win 7, any unidentified network has no internet access , when win 7 detects the network , does it pop up a window asking you to name it ? or it does it mark it as unidentified network ? the only way i would make it work was to disable win 7 firewall on both systems and give the other network a ip of a printer which is offline . you might want to google ' no internet on home network using win 7'. this has someting to do with ip routing by win 7 .

this is a werid bug in win 7, any unidentified network has no internet access , when win 7 detects the network , does it pop up a window asking you to name it ? or it does it mark it as unidentified network ? the only way i would make it work was to disable win 7 firewall on both systems and give the other network a ip of a printer which is offline . you might want to google ' no internet on home network using win 7'. this has someting to do with ip routing by win 7 .

I have an IP address on my desktop and laptop, I can open the router page on my desktop but cannot ping the router page on my desktop.

@rohit_g198111Your modem MT882 set for PPPoE "Always On mode ?DHCP enabled ?