unable to port foward after wifi installation

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,489

Mahesh1

ISP
Airtel 128kbps unlimited
Hi,I have been using portforward since the beggining. Yesterday i installed Linksys wrh50 wifi router and since then i am unable to open port number 60000.This is what i have220BX: PPPOE IP 192.168.1.1wifi router: DHCP 192.168.2.1PC: static IP 192.168.2.100I have updated the IP address settings in both modem and routerrouter.I forwarded the port in wifi router from Application & gaming---->single port forwarding in linksys settingAlso security-->firewall Firewall Protection is disabledBlock Anonymous Internet Requests is unchecked

anyone?Do i need to port forward both in the 220BX and the wifi router or only in wifi router?

22bx here as well... download speeds are fine i believe... but utorrent still show me this icon...

@mahesh: can you set your modem to bridged mode and set your Linksys to do the pppoe dialling for you? i also had problems (but with bsnl Huawei mt800 modem and linksys wrt45g wifi router) until i made the linksys do the pppoe then i was able to forward ports...

only on the Linksys, no need to port forward on the modem if you make it bridged mode 🙂

Problem : port forwarding modem +wrh54g ( wireless router)
Reference and guidance :
Welcome to Beetel Modems
D-LINK SYSTEMS, INC | WIRELESS ROUTER | SETUP ( similar unit )
Para two : First check whether PF is successful only with the modem.
Then connect the Wireless router. You have to do PF here.
( delete Modem entries for PF and try !!)

My modem Beetel NO PF. In SMC Wireless router I have done PF. I have to recheck what will happen if I remove the PF entry ( only one program) udp 5198/5199 and port 5200.

From thread:https://broadband.forum/mtnl-triband-broadband/18080-cant-access-502t-settings-page-when-wifi/

QUOTE:

EDIT: I solved it!
I had to bring the adsl modem back in bridged mode and the wifi router in pppoe mode.
Now the port forwards r working like a charm...NAT OK, all green happy smiling icons in the Status bar of Azureus.
So 502T Modem is in bridged mode, DHCP Server ON, NAT ON, all port forwards r done
WRT54GC Wireless Router is in pppoe mode, DHCP Server OFF, Firewall and Block Anonymous Internet Requests Off, all port forwards r done.
BUT NOW I CANNOT ACCESS THE ADSL MODEMS SETTINGS PAGE AGAIN ONLY WHEN IN WIFI NETWORK!!!
I guess this is still bareable, as long as no nat probs and the wifi network is working fine.
If someone can still help me solve this small prob, without advising me to change my modem back to pppoe again, then im all ears!

Unquote

well thats what i posted earlier in this thread. modem in bridged mode, router in pppoe mode, port-forward only in router... DONE!!! 🙂