Unable to ping / ssh between two computers over Beam Tele wifi

adityavpratap

ISP
BSNL, BeamTele
Hi,
I am subscribed to 25 mbps plan from Beam Tele. I have no issues with the speed nor with the FUP which is 70 Gigs. My problem is since I have a wifi router provided by Beam, I wanted to share data between my laptops over ssh. However, I am neither able to ssh nor I am able to ping over Beam connection. However, if I switch to my other connection (BSNL) I can easily transfer files between my computers over ssh.
Beam customer support is not very helpful. I am hopeful that I will be able to find help in these forums.

Please specify the router model.
And Beam must have disabled some settings, maybe u just need to enable them.

The router is a NHL-2340NTSV make box. I don't know how to access the administration page of the modem. On the bsnl router, it is as simple as accessing 192.168.1.1 from the browser.

Hi Pratap,
If your router is in DHCP mode then u can share the files over wifi and even access other systems via RDP which are connected with your router.
For this type of connection you will be getting 192 series IP address.It is commonly known as ROUTER MODE.
If your router is in PPPoE mode of connection then u cant access any system which is connected with your router as it generates 183 series or 49 series IP address for every individual system connected with your router. It is commonly know as BRIDGE MODE.
So what type of connection your connected to..??

Here is the output of ifconfig command -
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:26:5e:74:04:b4
inet addr:192.168.1.108 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::226:5eff:fe74:4b4/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:3218848 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2012343 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:4326071842 (4.3 GB) TX bytes:532218077 (532.2 MB)

Since the inet addr filed shows 192.168.1.108, I think it is in the ROUTER mode. I am not sure as the customer support guys at Beam, are not helpful. And since I am unable to access the router's admin page, I cannot be sure. Any suggestions?

Actually Beam Routers are pre-configured i tried to login to admin page but they are restricted by the Beam.
Are you able to ping Ip address which is connected to another system now??

adityavpratap said:
Hi,
I am subscribed to 25 mbps plan from Beam Tele. I have no issues with the speed nor with the FUP which is 70 Gigs. My problem is since I have a wifi router provided by Beam, I wanted to share data between my laptops over ssh. However, I am neither able to ssh nor I am able to ping over Beam connection. However, if I switch to my other connection (BSNL) I can easily transfer files between my computers over ssh.
Beam customer support is not very helpful. I am hopeful that I will be able to find help in these forums.
If you are using a Antivirus with firewall Feature then disable it and try again