Unable to open few sites. Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrunclesam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 6,165

mrunclesam

ISP
BSNL
I have UT300R2U ADSL modem with BSNL Broadband. Earlier I used to connect through username and password. Recently, my friend modified and assigned the username and password to the modem. So, I do not have to connect everytime. After that the connection is OK. From recent past, I am unable to open few sites, though the sites are working. IP 192.168.1.3Subnet mask 255.255.255.0Gateway 192.168.1.1DNS 218.248.255.14561.1.196.69Please suggest how to set the problem.Regards,Sam

Sam, Check if you are able to resolve the ip address of these website.. Either you can try pinging the sites from your command prompt and see if it comes up with an ip address. If that does not come then its probably a DNS Issue. What are the sites ? Are they secured sites ?

members/mrunclesam/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Try this . In your computer Start Network/Lan?properties/TCP/IP properties.
In DNS enter 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222. ( for most ISP's open DNS))
For Ip select assign IP address automatically.

Para two : If still some sites not opening , try DRTCP and reduce the MTU for your LAN adaptor to 1492 or lower. For many this has helped. ( Windows default is 1500)
Download DrTCP 0.21 - DR TCP - a internet speed connection optimizer. - Softpedia.
For Vista not recommended.

yea.. its mostly a DNS issue.. try changing your DNS servers to opendns.. their ips are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

It worked with changing DNS to 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 and IP - Obtain automatically.Thanks to everyoneRegards,Sam

i also face this kind of problems some times but after some time sites open normally.is there any wrong with rapidshared.org site????????

I've got the same problem...I've tried even with open DNS but still no go...whatever DNS, I use, the computer is able to resolve the hostname to IP address able to ping it but not able to open the site..I use IE and firefox and the problems on both... tried even the safemode..I'm using a Netgear modem+adsl2+ router...I have no firewalls except the Norton Anti-virus(which is not a firewall btw)any help.. appreciated greatly... 🙂

Aaoron, As suggested by essbee try DRTCP and reduce the MTU for your LAN adaptor to 1492 or lower. This will help you

Hi Shamvil....

MTU Ping Test

I tried determining the MTU settings...

I was actually 1492 and I had to change it to 1462 on my router...

What a magic.. Microsoft sites started opening...:yahoo:

But still a few sites are not opening!!! :wall: No matter how I reduce, support.microsoft.com is never opening!!! 😕

Hi Shamvil....

MTU Ping Test

I tried determining the MTU settings...

I was actually 1492 and I had to change it to 1462 on my router...

What a magic.. Microsoft sites started opening...:yahoo:

But still a few sites are not opening!!! :wall: No matter how I reduce, support.microsoft.com is never opening!!! 😕
Try to set it up as 1494 -1496 & check