Unable to get KYC done on Paytm.

• Thread starter Thread starter oompah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,357
My Paytm wallet stopped working because my aadhar KYC has expired(it was valid for one year) and now they want me to visit their centre so that I can use my wallet again.

Problem is they want one of the following:
1.Driving licence(no car so don't have it)
2.Voter ID( don't vote so never bothered to get it)
3.Passport(don't have it)
4.NREGA card

What I do have is PAN card, Aadhar CBSE certificates of both 10th and 12th and bank passbook.
Any way I can get my KYC done without their specified documents because I have like Rs8k in my wallet.
If I try to make voter ID, driving licence and passport then it will take atleast one month.

sadly with a private player like Paytm, you really have very little option but to submit documents they ask for. best is to apply for voter id card because it is really a good idea to have an id proof apart from aadhaar since aadhaar is no longer something private operators can ask because of the supreme court ruling. though government is trying hard to bypass that with legislation.

Lol. Video kyc doesn't work. They don't have home kyc for Gurgaon. Only option left is to deal with a shady kyc point. Would find out tomorrow if they would keep hard copy of aadhaar card. Probably won't do if they need it.

Local kyc guy didn't tell on phone biometric approval is required. Biometric was locked. UIDAI site was down. Had to come back 🤣

Had to install app coz website unlock was not being accepted by kyc machine. Paytm also asked for work and income related information. Probably would force open a bank account as well.

Got confirmation but not reflected in app. Agent said it would take around a week.

He also had to fed address details which was not picked from kyc data. I'm guessing I am going to face address mismatch problem some day in future.

My KYC was never updated even after 2 weeks. I had to pay double at Tolls as my Paytm wallet was not working due to KYC issue.
I requested PayTM support to close my account (which again did not happen for a month). But I uninstalled app after that by deleting all linked cards, addresses and UPI IDs created.

So, it might have worked in my case. Got an envelope from Paytm. Which had a QR code I was supposed to scan through Paytm app. Did that, it showed confirmed. Profile now shows the weirdly typed out address from the agent's app. Kyc incomplete message has disappeared from wallet section.

Reactions: SVK