Unable to get IPv6 connectivity since yesterday

• Thread starter Thread starter thecooldean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,339
ISP
ACT
I’m from Bangalore and since yesterday I’m not getting IPv6 connectivity. Only IPv4 address is being assigned to all my devices. I’ve contacted ACT support and they haven’t replied yet. I tried changing IPv6 from native to passthrough and that doesn’t establish a connection either. Does anyone know what could be the reason?

Which plan do you have?

Is the real world download/upload speed the same? Or it's just for the speedtest? Also how's the service of ACT in your area? Downtimes etc? Are the routing & international bandwidth good?

@havoc I can’t recall the last time there was a downtime except during very long power cuts. Speeds to international servers are good I guess, although Speedtest shows less peak speed when compared to task manager.

@havoc download speeds are good . i have got speeds of nearly 50 MBPS + (400 Mbps +) while downloading games on steam and epic games .. avg download speeds i have experienced is in range of 35-50 MBPs while downloading games . I am from Bangalore and have no issues . even if there is downtime (which is very rare) the support team in my locality is excellent , issues are resolved within 1 working day.

@TheCoolDean I got a call from the technical team . he was saying ipv6 has been disabled for retail customers due to some issues. on probing he said they were observing unusual traffic and he did mention DDOS as well . So i asked him when the world is moving towards ipv6 why is ACT disabling ipv6 access. he said they are working on some upgrade and ipv6 will be enabled for all customers in 3-4 months. He asked me if I had any particular usecase I have , I said nothing in particular. may be we can get it enabled on request. I didn't probe further .I will ask after 2-3 days to see if they can enable it on my account . May be you can check and see what they have to say for enabling it for your account ?

@varunc24 thank you for the info. I wish I could ask them but I'm not really a tech savvy person and don't know how to respond if they ask some technical questions 😀, only advantage I have seen with IPv6 is that all the devices in the network get a unique IPv6 address and have a better response time in typical day-to-day stuff. I wonder if getting a static IPv6 would help in any way? Maybe I'll try asking them after all.