• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,794

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
can not find link to edit my forum signature.

it contains info on my previous isp.

Getting this message on clicking above link

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

User postbit already has field for isp information. Signatures are disabled for nearly everyone on the forum.

Hi, I would also like to change my signature!! Why is it disabled for everyone? It has information about my old ISP.

User postbit already has field for isp information

What does the above mean?

User postbit is the the place where your name and Avatar with your post count and other informations are displayed , it is the same place where you can update you current ISP and previous one by going into your profile settings thus making it displayed on every post that you make here achieving the same thing that you were using your signature for Plus I don't know why it is disabled here for everyone but it will try to make an educated guess that it reduces the clutter and if troops the readability of the thread drastically , so it is better to keep it disabled in favour of better readability of the content for the users

xenforo does not make it easy (i have an unanswered query on their support forum for this) to show additional postbit information on mobile devices. i also have signatures disabled on mobile web app. lesser screen space has its compromise and postbit information is one of the casuality. it does appear in user profile details. but of course, that does not solve the purpose as it requires opening profile in a new tab.