Unable to Edit 5ghz SSID name in ZTE Router (Airtel Xstream)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sunny_78951
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 8,156
Pinged them in twiter they raised a case and technician visited and told me that due to new update it's not allowing to edit ssid 5 name, shall I contact net@airtel.com too?

net@airtel.com is escalation path. They respond within 1 day generally and make them aware that you need to interact with senior tech person not just field engineer. provide ur mobile number to them and a/c or broadband id.

These are issues with ISP ONT, they want min burden on them so they keep on locking settings. May be there's a patch which has done it and it's not yet updated at my end?

Also note that the numbers from which they (net@airtel) call are not reachable. So if you miss it they generally write a cold mail and expect you to specify call back time. That's the only bad aspect of them, otherwise I found them useful. Better than field engg

In Inspect Element in Chrome for the Routing Type box I can change it to enabled=enabled
and the Routing option gets Enabled. However the change is short lived bcos after you close the session it's back to disabled state

cRmbBD2.png

Hi, noob here. I just checked and my SSID settings are still editable on my ZTE router.

My router is still on version V9.0.10P1N12A. When I got my router, the first thing I remember doing was deleting the TR-069 profile from WAN and creating my own PPPoE profile. Is this why my router isn't updated to the latest firmware?

Is there any disadvantage to being on an older firmware or should I allow it to be updated to the newer one and bear the brunt of locked settings?

Thanks in advance.

There definitely is a disadvantage to using older firmware versions, the most important one being security patches. Even if they are released at a snails pace, it is better than never receiving them.
But in the end, you need to decide what your preference is: patched firmware or unlocked settings.

Also, I think we should be able to update the firmware after unlock. But not sure how or whether it will lock the device again

after reset my router by airtel my 100 mbps upgrade to 300-400 mbps for 2 days,after mixing 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz mostly time 2.4 ghz connected because 5 ghz auto disconnect after some weak range this is not good with 100 mbps plan point range is better than 2.4ghz with 3 signal why airtel why are you doing this
there is other option for separate 5ghz turn on ssid 6 but ssid 6 range is low compare to 5 i noticed it .