unable to connect to internet (ubuntu 7.10)

• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10,443
so you got it working, awesome! its sad that we have to dump linux just because one or two particular apps/hardware doesnt work on it 🙁

which is why i specifically see if i can use ANY hardware i purchase in linux before buying, be it a mobile phone, mp3 player, digital camera, etc...

dooby, have you tried running "wine" and itunes inside it? wine is a windows implementation on linux!

I have heard of it but have never used it or even know how it works.

My problem is that I have this HUGE iTunes Library of 100 GB + size.

Will using wine preserve the library? i.e. if I run iTunes from Linux, will it remember where all the files are and what all the settings are.

iTunes is critical for me as I use iPhone and IPod Classic and their normal working is very important for me.

I am amazed that Apple does not provide support for Linux. They abhore M$. I thought they would embrace Linux.

Turns out they are just a big corporation who do not like competition. 🙁

no, it probably wont work...man, what if windows crashes and/or your harddisk fails, do you lose all your purchased(?) mp3s/videos? thats another sucky thing about ipods/itunes, you are locked in to the device...better to purchase/download music which is not locked into some software and you can play it on any device, ipod or others...

who said anything about paid music? I havenot paid a paisa in my life for buying music and stuff! 😀I back up to external HDD. Posted from my iPhone.

oh, then why do you need itunes at all? there are tools to upload music to ipod from linux if you search!

If you own DRM protected media, protect it like anything, and stop dreaming about linux,. Every thing is locked down like fort knox. No way you can use it whenever and wherever you want. And if you reinstall windows or something goes wrong, that is the end of it. I don't own any, so can't confirm or deny anything. But ITunes: Re-download your lost iTunes music talks of different experiences (somewhat).