Unable to change settings in richerlink ONU

a.c

ISP
Excitel
So,

I moved to fiber and the ONU installed is by some richerlink company.
Model: RL801G

The username: useradmin and the corresponding password is printed on the onu but this does not allow me to change anything (i can see the status of wan, lan change basic mac id filtering/url filtering). I can't seem to find the admin password anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

They will change the password from the back end. Its different for every user. I asked them for the admin password and after a few days they changed it to admin:admin for me.
You need to get in touch with the support people.

Upvote 0
Which ISP?
If it's timbl tell then you need to port forward for gaming. If they ask you for the port number tell them it will tough if you have to call them for getting a single port open everytime.

Upvote 0
Update: Finally after getting in touch with the customer care I got the onu password changed to the default one so that I can change it to what I want.

Another issue now: I have another router behind the ONU but the ONU does not have any bridge mode option. I am currently setting up my second router as a DMZ host on the ONU. So that I can port forward/use Upnp on that.

Added a screenshot of WAN settings as you can see for the mode option only Route is available. Not sure what the last option is "Enable mode that mixed with PPPoe, bridge and routing"?

S2RtbLX.png
Please give that password i also want, ineed to chang some configuration

Upvote 0
It depends on customer to customer. They never told me the password but changed it to admin:admin (username : password) on my request.

I will be trying out timbl again for the next two months. Will update if things have changed/improved.
I have been told that the 500GB/month FUP is gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@achaudhary997 500 gb is still there !The best part?
Nowhere it is mentioned , not even T &C , u will know about the limit when you contact cc . They even ask u to pay some amount to increase the limit.
One of the worst ISPs i have ever encountered. I m paying ₹825/ for 60 Mbps connection ( though i get around 6-10 Mbps , not even 10% mentioned speed )
Wouldn't recommend to try for even 2 days !

Last edited:
Reactions: a.c
Upvote 0
I have the same Richer Link MSS4004W EOC modem in Philippines supplied by a small local ISP. Also looking for the administration login.

Upvote 0
Update: Finally after getting in touch with the customer care I got the onu password changed to the default one so that I can change it to what I want.

Another issue now: I have another router behind the ONU but the ONU does not have any bridge mode option. I am currently setting up my second router as a DMZ host on the ONU. So that I can port forward/use Upnp on that.

Added a screenshot of WAN settings as you can see for the mode option only Route is available. Not sure what the last option is "Enable mode that mixed with PPPoe, bridge and routing"?

S2RtbLX.png
What was the default password for login. I am facing same problem

Upvote 0
They initally setup the admin login and password as something which is not shared with users. You have to ask them to get it changed to default admin:admin value.

Upvote 0