Unable to change settings in richerlink ONU

a.c

ISP
Excitel
So,

I moved to fiber and the ONU installed is by some richerlink company.
Model: RL801G

The username: useradmin and the corresponding password is printed on the onu but this does not allow me to change anything (i can see the status of wan, lan change basic mac id filtering/url filtering). I can't seem to find the admin password anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is the same titanium gateway that excitel is also using.
For me default username was excitel and password was exc123
To access only wan settings it was admin and password as my mac address(without colons)
It's a headache configuring this gateway

Upvote 0
Well as of now the customer support has been really helpful you quickly get transferred to the tech team who actually understood my problems.

So they have multiple vendors for the ONU. The guy told me the current ONU does not support bridge mode and he will be setting up a request to get the ONU changed.

Upvote 0
So no luck getting ONU into bridge mode from their side. Looking at the router's webUI code they have not removed anything from the backend. If I just add another option by inspecting the element with a value of "bridge" it happily goes into the bridge mode (need it to go into the bridge mode for the vlan id needed for pppoe). Although I am still unable to log in via pppoe from my router. Have tried some more username options with/without @rinetworks.in and giving service and server name as rinetworks but have had no luck till now.

Settings shown by enabling bridge mode via editing the webUI code.
IMG_20200223_013557.webp

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@achaudhary997 So they didn't change the ONT yet as you mentioned in the earlier post?

Also, what does the PPP authentication logs say? Is it able to reach the PPP auth server or the access concentrator?

Upvote 0
This looks like a new model/brand. You could reach out to the manufacturer as a potential bulk buyer and they'd be happy to share the manual with you. 😉
This is what I did to get the manuals of Netlink ONU. I still get emails from V-SOL about their new products lineup and webinars 😂

Upvote 0
@achaudhary997 So they didn't change the ONT yet as you mentioned in the earlier post?

Also, what does the PPP authentication logs say? Is it able to reach the PPP auth server or the access concentrator?

Well nope they refused it later that they can't do it and they don't offer this facility. Will dig into pppoe logs and report it here in a while. The onu is generic and I can reflash the firmware but the problem is I can't backup the existing firmware.

Upvote 0
Well nope they refused it later that they can't do it and they don't offer this facility. Will dig into pppoe logs and report it here in a while. The onu is generic and I can reflash the firmware but the problem is I can't backup the existing firmware.

If you are not in the mood to tinker with the device much, it might be cheaper and easier to just get another ONT which supports bridge mode by default. You could keep the ISP ONT as a backup or when/if they point any problem to the 3rd party ONT. 🤪

It's also possible that they are allowing PPP auth only from whitelisted MAC address, the auth log should be able to confirm that.

Upvote 0
Could you help in Letting me know how to flash firmware ?

Upvote 0
hey i just got my fiber updated too and got that rs 750 ONT as i dont need wifi in ont but im not able to change the setting in the device help i need your firmware can you share it? to my email id please

Upvote 0