Unable to change settings in richerlink ONU

a.c

ISP
Excitel
So,

I moved to fiber and the ONU installed is by some richerlink company.
Model: RL801G

The username: useradmin and the corresponding password is printed on the onu but this does not allow me to change anything (i can see the status of wan, lan change basic mac id filtering/url filtering). I can't seem to find the admin password anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please post some screenshots of the web interface that would help.

Upvote 0
Sure screenshots attached. I have a feeling that the useradmin account is not really admin. But nothing else is printed on the ONU iteself.

IKRGUbA.png

eJWczmP.png

x0IT7rF.png

ndAUyjt.png

KJXbNlO.png

FH39Ojf.png

hXbLIdJ.png

Edit: can confirm that useradmin is just a user account as the rest of the pages are hidden using simple JS. I can unhide the page names but cannot access them as the username check is still done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure, here are the pics. Ignore the huge black tape will be fixing it first thing tom morning.
20JanNH.png

CLmrlaY.png

EDIT: Also I already tried admin with 1234, admin, admin1234 as the password. I will eventually be calling the local guy who installed it in the morning (forget to ask him the password as I thought it will be printed 😅).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I tried the mailing them but unfortunately none of the emails provided on the website work now (mailure daemon failure notice). Even the form in the website does not work.

Upvote 0
Maybe try Alibaba? I've had better response through Alibaba for similar stuff 😉

I've sent a note too, will post here if I hear anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update: Finally after getting in touch with the customer care I got the onu password changed to the default one so that I can change it to what I want.

Another issue now: I have another router behind the ONU but the ONU does not have any bridge mode option. I am currently setting up my second router as a DMZ host on the ONU. So that I can port forward/use Upnp on that.

Added a screenshot of WAN settings as you can see for the mode option only Route is available. Not sure what the last option is "Enable mode that mixed with PPPoe, bridge and routing"?

S2RtbLX.png

Upvote 0
🎉 What is the default admin user and password so that it could help others? 🚀

How about if you do not configure any WAN profile? It might default to bridge mode.

Upvote 0
Well, sadly they never told me the actual admin password. They just told that it has been changed to admin:admin (user : pass) and now I can access and change it as per my requirement. Yup even I noticed that rinetworks.in name. Also you have any idea regarding TR069 settings?

673UNkR.png

Upvote 0
Update: Finally after getting in touch with the customer care I got the onu password changed to the default one so that I can change it to what I want.

Another issue now: I have another router behind the ONU but the ONU does not have any bridge mode option. I am currently setting up my second router as a DMZ host on the ONU. So that I can port forward/use Upnp on that.

Added a screenshot of WAN settings as you can see for the mode option only Route is available. Not sure what the last option is "Enable mode that mixed with PPPoe, bridge and routing"?

S2RtbLX.png

For bridge mode just delete the config in WAN page? Or dont create any if you haven't already created a config? That should leave your ONU in bridge mode perhaps.

Upvote 0