Unable to Browse

• Thread starter Thread starter Kang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 4,414
I was not even getting 1KBps in BSNL from 4pm today. Now using TI. Any idea of the problem.

Please add the places you are facing same problem
1.Kolkata
2.Hyderabad
3.Ludhiana
4.Kerala

Haha, thx to a stupid ship dropping its anchor middle of Mediterranean, pls enjoy these speeds for a week. :evil::evil::evil:

Still Facing slow speed problems while browsing the webbut getting 180+ from link-removed prem acct.Location: Ludhiana

Having slow speeds since today afternnonThough still getting 140 + from RS premium

Do a tracert of google and please post the results in here

On a lighter note, i am facing no speed problems right now 🙂

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Praveen>tracert google.comTracing route to google.com [64.233.167.99]over a maximum of 30 hops:  1    16 ms    19 ms    16 ms  59.93.0.1  2    85 ms    85 ms    85 ms  218.248.255.58  3    85 ms    85 ms    85 ms  218.248.255.58  4    80 ms    81 ms    79 ms  59.162.0.178.static.vsnl.net.in [59.162.0.178]  5   443 ms   452 ms   426 ms  59.163.16.142.static.vsnl.net.in [59.163.16.142]  6   474 ms   412 ms     *     219.64.231.1.mpls-vpn-sj.static.vsnl.net.in [219.64.231.1]  7   305 ms   310 ms   309 ms  209.85.130.2  8     *      364 ms   327 ms  216.239.49.198  9   325 ms   364 ms   327 ms  216.239.46.51 10   389 ms   389 ms   413 ms  209.85.130.23 11   392 ms   365 ms   360 ms  72.14.232.70 12   389 ms   393 ms   398 ms  216.239.46.224 13   389 ms   389 ms   362 ms  py-in-f99.google.com [64.233.167.99]Trace complete.

Well same problems on MTNL Delhi and Airtel Delhi as well. Do they have a common intl gateway

well right now,adobe.com works properly..link-removed down..torrent sites down..google,yahoo up and so on..started at around 10:30 this morning,on two occasions,my connection got reset and the dialer got stuck at verifying usn/pw(remote computer didn't answer).thought that it was just an "average BSNL server maintenance downtime"..damn

I just created a new post - https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/22270-dataone-unstable-today-30-jan-2008-bangalore/ and then realized that you guys are already discussing the same problem.

I am facing this problem in Bangalore. I managed to get the Customer Care after waiting on phone for 10 minutes and they confirmed that there is a problem with BSNL Bangalore server. But I see many of you getting the same problem across the country.

Daal mein kuch kaala hai 🙂

As per another thread "BSNL New Unlimited Plan for Rs.700 with upto 2mbps", is BSNL doing some upgrade on their servers? and they goofed up all lines by downgrading it!!! LOL...

Hope that our connections are back stable soon and also the UL users get atleast 512kbps from Feb-08 onwards 🙂

50 per cent of India's internet connections disrupted ITGD Bureau New Delhi, January 30, 2008
Tools

CommentPrintEmailDigg it!Del.icio.us!Technorati!Newsvine!RSS Feed A A

India's internet services have been hit badly as around 50 per cent of country's internet bandwidth is reported to be disrupted.

As per the immediate reports of Headlines Today, a news channel, it was stated that the problem started at around 2:00 pm in many parts of the country.

The main cause behind this problem is understood to be the breakdown in an international undersea cable network near Egypt.

"There has been a 50 to 60 per cent cut in bandwidth," Rajesh Chharia, the President of Internet Service Providers Association of India confirmed.

India's BPO and IT companies are the ones most affected by this, as large part of their work is dependent on internet based calls and data transferring.
Reports say that the emergency back up has been activated to give some relief to users, but it might take more than a week for the connection to be completely restored.

yah !

I hv been noticing this problem persisting for more than 6 months. I suffered a lot during some critical periods . . . . without the net connections.

twice i thought it was my system err and did what ever possible from windows re-installation to windows services, winsock corrections so on . . .

recently - accidentally noticed that -
1. dataone portal (http://10.240.0.195/webLogin.jsp) is available most of the time even the server does not allow to browse any other sites.

2. FlashGet somehow manages !?? (most of the time) using proxy settings and downloads well. but no other sites google yahoo . . . . work at that particular down time.

all these happen when that link line is still orange.

when there is no orange light there will be nothing - everybody knows that

I reported this above conditions 1 & 2 to the call center after suffering for a week without net connection and immediately after noticing this - they promised to come over my phone and fix this issue (technical service) - as usual the BSNL did not follow up as they told - but after a day & half the server was set right . . . being Indian citizen forgetting all these miseries started using my connection asusual.

Funniest thing is the call centre is also not functioning properly . . . after several attempts only they will pick up your call, the charm in their voices was diminished over time.

These lazy officers do not reveal through media (tv, news papers or mass sms systems) about what kind of server maintenances are under progress and how long it will take to rectify . . .

it is possible that these kind of careless services (servers) would be very often hacked by soft-criminals . . . and the network engineers if they have joined from recommendations / by bribing . . how can they solve it on time without other agencies help . . . so it takes time) . . .

to avoid these kind of guessings - bsnl should reach to customers whenever the server crashes . . . thats the quality in services

- we can forgive bsnl even if it can not provide the connection speed as they have promised / or it's cheap foreman's purposefully disconnect at post and upon our complaints reconnect and get some 30-50 rupees once in two month or a quarter of year (it is common in Chennai - I do not know about other places).

how BSNL will compensate the loss at customer's side (whether it may be peace of mind / bandwidth / money loss due to the improper services) . . .

and customers can not prove BSNL's fault and go to Consumer Court even. . . its a immature and tricky service (data) they provide to the customers.
isn't it?

what to do . . . with poor technical resources . . . but rich greed in mind to cover most of the netizens . . . we could see BSNL suffers very badly . . . they may tell reason of any big cable breakage or any other idiotic reasons . . . before inviting public for its services the bsnl should have some alternations to provide at least 50Kbps speed in place of 512Kbps . . . during this tough periods.

Or frankly inform through media that "this kind damage was happened and being recovered within this much time" . . . so "this much amount discount or extra bandwidth is offered to the customers who suffered due to this technical drawbacks . . ."

BSNL has good future in this communication arena . . . Officers can not play too smart with the consumers . . .

speeds were back to normal in start of feb itself.bsnl service is fine most of the time & is far better than some other private ISP's plans(some used to offer 128kbps as broadband not sure about now).as for server maintenance no company will publish a detailed report about this in media except some expected time limit by which problem should be solved & all major indian newspapers published the time limit by which damaged lines would be repaired.try changing your dns servers to opendns.