• Thread starter Thread starter opomiyulen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4,394

opomiyulen

🇮🇩🇬🇧🇹🇷🇩🇪
ISP
Mylink
So i am facing this weird issue on excitel network since few weeks. If u enter onu ip it is redirecting u to someone else onu/router in the network. I thought may be ip of onu has some conflict with lco network, so i changed my onu ip to some other ip. The problem got solved for a while but now again i am unable to access the onu. Even rebooting onu don't help, i can ping onu ip and tracert it but can't access it. The ip gives time out error.
Only way left to access is, to remove fiber cable. Can u guys try whether u can access ur dumb onu? They changed something in network due to which this is happening previously never faced this. I complained to excitel as well but you guys know how bad their customer service is @philip marlowe .

Last edited:
If someone can help?

If you show us traceroutes to it and another public IP it'll help, I don't see why it has to be a guessing game. Anyway, easy fixes are using smaller CGNAT block (maybe /29) or manually adding route (easy way to do it is just add another interface, if you can).

Apparently the issue was there but it was solved by changing ip of onu. I didnt added a lan firewall rule to supercede my VPN traffic, which was the root cause for the issue. Thanks for ur help guys

Why you're calling it a dumb ONU? You're dumb... 😂🤣

Hi! Does Excitel provide a dynamic public IPV4 or it is on CG NAT and provides a private IP? Does port forwarding work well for you? I will be getting the connection today evening so I am very much confused, CC told me no ports are blocked but if they use CG NAT then port forwarding won't work.

Local operator told me since Excitel is new in our area all the ports are unblocked and CC confirmed me the same, while I have been reading on forums that Excitel uses CG-NAT, in evening I will update if I am able to get port forwarding work after installation is completed, I think it should work.

What do I do then? Airtel postpaid broadband is not in my area, I have Airtel prepaid xtreme fibre in which they don't provide static IP. I need port forwarding anyhow, I can manage dynamic IP using a self hosted DDNS server which will keep updating new IP to my domain.

Got Excitel installed today, but I am unable to do port forwarding, have contacted Excitel regarding the same and they said it is possible to do port forwarding on their network however an agent took control of my system and was not able to open the port so I have mailed at helpdesk@excitel.com . Expecting them to help me in this regard since this is possible as per their IT department. I will get a full refund if this doesn't work.

@Lolita_Magnum : There are no local ISP providers, I can try BSNL after this maybe they provide static IP.