• Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,286

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
UK Online has launched what is the first national broadband service offering speeds of up to 22Mb for £29.99 a month. They are using ADSL2+ technology for their network and they plan to make it available in most urban areas. Users would however have to pay £79.99 for a special ADSL2+ modem as well as a one-off connection charge of £25.

More: http://broadbandforum.co/300/101...and-in-britain/

£29.99 is approximately 2,391.96INR!!!! What about the download / port caps? Any shaping done if you exceed download limits??? If this is the case than Indian ISPs are friggin' RIPPING US OFF LIKE CRAZY!!! 😱 We should be getting 10Megs lines for 1000 bucks (roughly!) Instead we aren't getting even 256Kbps unlimited lines!! (except airtel but even the speeds aren't assured)!!!!*drops dead*

Lets not look at the half filled glass, lets look at the empty part! 🙂 We have to fill that! 😀

now even the second-class countries like US and UK are moving into first-class territory ( > 10 mbps and super cheap!)ya, boohooo here tooo25 GBP (pounds Sterling) is what? like the same cost as Rs. 750 per month (cost of living / purchasing power etc) not a directly multiply to get Rs 2000 per month... JUST FREAKIN Rs. 750 per month for upto 24 mbps!What comes nearest here for the same price? Airtel's (upto) 128kbps "unlimited" BAH... BSNL's 256 kbps Home 500 ??? real BAH!I want to go shoot myself now >:-(

and i bet the govt and private operators are hand-in-hand in this price-gouging of the indian consumer!all drama about some players making a cartel... ALL of them are part of the freakin cartel, BSNL,VSNL,Tata,Airtel,Reliance... cartel is just the english word for gundas... bloody gunda-giri going on here >:-|edit:i really wish broadband was a political (voting) topic for average indians (from villages to metros)... then the freakin govt would scramble to give us cheap/fast broadband overnight to appease the vote-bank and stay in power...

vishal, there is some glimmer of hope for us! The government has drafted a policy which will force BSNL / MTNL to share their local loop!

who drafted the "policy"... is it TRAI? remember, TR(A)I... they have no "A", the govt (DoT/VSNL/MTNL/BSNL) keeps ignoring their recommendations! grrrrrr

i really wish broadband was a political (voting) topic for average indians (from villages to metros)... then the freakin govt would scramble to give us cheap/fast broadband overnight to appease the vote-bank and stay in power...[/b]

what percent of the bb using population really go and vote??? -_-